Titans Radio Fanzone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TitansRadio.Com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ESPN 3:60 does Ticket Broker report.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
brianmaxwell

ESPN 3:60 does Ticket Broker report. Empty
PostSubject: ESPN 3:60 does Ticket Broker report.   ESPN 3:60 does Ticket Broker report. EmptyFri May 16, 2008 2:15 pm

It is about time that we start talking about this issue more openly. Here is the link to the 12th Man report I worte a while back.

http://www.titansradio.com/cgi-bin/blurb_view.cgi?blurb=news619660
Back to top Go down
Titanpride

PostSubject: Re: ESPN 3:60 does Ticket Broker report.   ESPN 3:60 does Ticket Broker report. EmptyFri May 16, 2008 4:03 pm

That was an outstanding article you wrote in April. The added element of a ticket scalper adds to the frustration of a legit fan trying to enjoy their moment at a sporting event at a descent price in a descent seat. I live in Las Vegas, and scalping is a fixture at every event from shows on the strip to sporting events like boxing. You also have to ask the question ? why has it become such a problem... answer, supply and demand. As long as fans are willing to pay, and history has shown they will... there will always be those people that take advantage of the system.
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: Re: ESPN 3:60 does Ticket Broker report.   ESPN 3:60 does Ticket Broker report. EmptyFri May 16, 2008 5:22 pm

I was surprised to find out that TicketMaster says they do everything possible to stop ticket brokers from getting all the tickets yet started a website specifically for the people they are "trying everything possible to stop" to post their tickets at the same mark up. The difference is TicketMaster gets a small percentage of the sale. TicketMaster gets paid once at the origional price and again when these ticket brokers sale the tickets on their secondary website.

Owners will always be more concerned about the casual fan. Die hards like us will always spend our money. I think they prefer to have the filthy rich business men buying these tickets. When push comes to shove the real true fan will always be at the bottom of the totem pole.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ESPN 3:60 does Ticket Broker report.   ESPN 3:60 does Ticket Broker report. Empty

Back to top Go down

ESPN 3:60 does Ticket Broker report.
Page 1 of 1