TitansRadio.Com  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 vince young (the 12th man)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dukenextdoor



Posts : 10
Join date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: vince young (the 12th man)   Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:44 pm

Hey maxwell,i love ya bro but did it ever occur to you that maybe he really isnt mentally ready?Put the photos aside and go back to his 60 min interview he says im vince young ,you cant tell me nothing!Now, add in his attitude after he missed the team caravan,the "thought" of retirement,and sprinkle the photos on top,you get an immature player~an extraordinary player,but slightly immature.On that note as a fan i can tolerate it given his production and numbers continue to rise.I love the guy but sometimes i get a little worried(kind of like the fans of the other great texan, Mr.Williams)I know that you will gladly walk over and smack me but just think about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brianmaxwell



Posts : 139
Join date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: vince young (the 12th man)   Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:45 pm

I may be the most worried of anyone because I have done nothing but defend Vince from the start. If he opens this year looking like a confused rookie then I am sure to take a pounding from everyone. I still get the Pacman cracks (Tim stop living in the past) because I defended him for so long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanpride



Posts : 86
Join date : 2007-10-15
Location : Las Vegas, NV

PostSubject: Re: vince young (the 12th man)   Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:28 pm

Young is realistically one year away from being considered a legit bust. I hope I'm wrong and I hope Young turns out to be everything he was projected to be... but when fans are arguing about Young throwing one good pass during a game ( the see I told you so defense ), there's a problem. If anyone can turn it around its Dinger... that being said, if Dinger can't... Young will be on the same list as Aaron Brooks, Akili Smith, Byron Leftwich, ect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
titans93



Posts : 36
Join date : 2008-08-17
Location : Dresden, TN

PostSubject: one year from a bust   Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:10 pm

I agree titanpride. I prayed for the Titans to draft Cutler, but when they called VY, I got on the band wagon and I've defended him to the bitter end since then. But at this point I have to say you said it well, he is one year from being another draft bust. If he has another dissappointing passing year, the only options I see are to cut losses on him or quit trying to turn him into a quarterback and just let him play as a running back taking the snaps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldTitanFan



Posts : 56
Join date : 2007-11-25
Age : 57
Location : Phoenix,AZ

PostSubject: Re: vince young (the 12th man)   Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:38 pm

Here's the thing that's important about VY-He HAS to get reads better! He has no choice or good Ds will put 8 in a box, inside & zone blitz packages & dare him to throw the ball! Not to mention a short shelf life as a healthy QB, case in point: Steve McNair. It's also as important that the WRs pay attention to the routes they're being coached to run in order for VY to execute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanfan4ever



Posts : 29
Join date : 2008-08-18
Age : 57
Location : Martin, Tenn.

PostSubject: Fridays Offensive performance   Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:23 am

I had really hoped this would be a break out year for Vince. Even tho this is preseason, he looked no better than when he stepped off the plane from Houstn 3 yrs ago. He still throws off his back foot as he falls back and looks panicked as soon as the ball is snapped. Heimerdinger has to be concerned about his lack of progress. Ingle Martin looked much more confident and completed throws with 3rd string Rookies. This is especially upsetting because we have all the pieces of the puzzle in place for a Superbowl run except at quarterback. I hope Baronas gets his leg ready for alot of long Field Goals this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanpride



Posts : 86
Join date : 2007-10-15
Location : Las Vegas, NV

PostSubject: Re: vince young (the 12th man)   Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:42 pm

I've been preaching for two years that we should give Ingle Martin a legit chance... trust me, he's the real deal and with qualitiy playing time, fans will be call for him and be asking why didn't we start him sooner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
titans93



Posts : 36
Join date : 2008-08-17
Location : Dresden, TN

PostSubject: Re: vince young (the 12th man)   Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:36 pm

With the amount of money they have invested in VY, I don't think you're going to see Ingle Martin or anyone else for that matter getting a chance for several more years. I can't really make an informed assessment on Martin because all I've seen of him is just a few limited preseason games against mostly 3rd string defenses. He may be great, but I don't think he's going to get the chance to be on this team. With the new offensive system under Heimerdinger, I would say that buys Vince at least 2-3 mor years to "learn". I don't necessarily like it either, but I think that's the way it will be. Personally I'd love to see a BIG step forward real soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanpride



Posts : 86
Join date : 2007-10-15
Location : Las Vegas, NV

PostSubject: Re: vince young (the 12th man)   Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:16 am

titans93 wrote:
With the amount of money they have invested in VY, I don't think you're going to see Ingle Martin or anyone else for that matter getting a chance for several more years. I can't really make an informed assessment on Martin because all I've seen of him is just a few limited preseason games against mostly 3rd string defenses. He may be great, but I don't think he's going to get the chance to be on this team. With the new offensive system under Heimerdinger, I would say that buys Vince at least 2-3 mor years to "learn". I don't necessarily like it either, but I think that's the way it will be. Personally I'd love to see a BIG step forward real soon.
I agree... the only thing keeping him in the starting line-up is money. The problem is we have a great opportunity to allow a hidden gem ( Martin ) on our team to play with a good young O-line thats going to be together for a long time, and a first year game changing back in Johnson... and they could grow together. I watched the Falcons' game and I was sick to my stomach... and it's frustrating knowning we have Collins and Martin on the side-lines. What makes it even worst... it's going to effect our running game and not allow Johnson or White space because every DC is going to stack the line knowing Young can not read a defense or throw anything that looks like an accurate ball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brianmaxwell



Posts : 139
Join date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: vince young (the 12th man)   Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:08 pm

I do like Ingle but do not think he is ready to start. If VY fails miserably this year then you will have an open competition between the two. Vince did not look bad against the Falcons defense and if Justin Gage can't hold onto the ball then it doesn't matter if Tom Brady throws the ball to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanpride



Posts : 86
Join date : 2007-10-15
Location : Las Vegas, NV

PostSubject: Re: vince young (the 12th man)   Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:54 pm

brianmaxwell wrote:
I do like Ingle but do not think he is ready to start. If VY fails miserably this year then you will have an open competition between the two. Vince did not look bad against the Falcons defense and if Justin Gage can't hold onto the ball then it doesn't matter if Tom Brady throws the ball to them.
I understand what yoru saying, but lets say Gage holds on to the ball, what does that change about Young's performance...nothing. I'll give him the Gage drop, but it echos what I had said before about Young throws one good ball the entire time he's in, and it's the " i told you so " defense. I'm not saying your saying that, I'm saying, Adams drafted Young because he wanted to stick it to Houston one more time... but Young's receivers in College made him look all world, along with that one read ( DE ) offense he played in. It was like watching a video game, when the guy your playing keep running the same play over and over again. Add in the fact he scored a 6 on the Wonderlic and only a 15 after his Agent hired someone to teach him how to take it. It's been three years, and he still can not throw the ball with any kind of accuracy... and I'm tired of seeing the three yard out route on every play or his check down to the back in the flat. We will not take the next level with him as our QB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brianmaxwell



Posts : 139
Join date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: vince young (the 12th man)   Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:40 pm

Titanpride wrote:
brianmaxwell wrote:
I do like Ingle but do not think he is ready to start. If VY fails miserably this year then you will have an open competition between the two. Vince did not look bad against the Falcons defense and if Justin Gage can't hold onto the ball then it doesn't matter if Tom Brady throws the ball to them.
I understand what yoru saying, but lets say Gage holds on to the ball, what does that change about Young's performance...nothing. I'll give him the Gage drop, but it echos what I had said before about Young throws one good ball the entire time he's in, and it's the " i told you so " defense. I'm not saying your saying that, I'm saying, Adams drafted Young because he wanted to stick it to Houston one more time... but Young's receivers in College made him look all world, along with that one read ( DE ) offense he played in. It was like watching a video game, when the guy your playing keep running the same play over and over again. Add in the fact he scored a 6 on the Wonderlic and only a 15 after his Agent hired someone to teach him how to take it. It's been three years, and he still can not throw the ball with any kind of accuracy... and I'm tired of seeing the three yard out route on every play or his check down to the back in the flat. We will not take the next level with him as our QB.

If Gage catches the ball, the momentum is still in the Titan's favor and we get three more plays to make something happen. Part of the mystique of VY is the amazing play. If we are giving back 3rd down conversions then we limit the number of opportunities for the magic plays we saw in the rookie campaign to happen. The 3 yard outs are a problem as he is always short but I am more concerned with the fact that we can't run for 1 yard on 3rd or 4th and 1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
titans93



Posts : 36
Join date : 2008-08-17
Location : Dresden, TN

PostSubject: Re: vince young (the 12th man)   Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:25 pm

brianmaxwell wrote:
If VY fails miserably this year then you will have an open competition between the two.
I don't think you're going to see open competition for at least another 2 years, maybe 3. This is a business and VY is a BIG investmest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brianmaxwell



Posts : 139
Join date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: vince young (the 12th man)   Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:24 am

titans93 wrote:
brianmaxwell wrote:
If VY fails miserably this year then you will have an open competition between the two.
I don't think you're going to see open competition for at least another 2 years, maybe 3. This is a business and VY is a BIG investmest

Alex Smith & Matt Leinart. There you go. If VY repeats from last season, you will see an open competition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
titans93



Posts : 36
Join date : 2008-08-17
Location : Dresden, TN

PostSubject: Re: vince young (the 12th man)   Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:59 pm

brianmaxwell wrote:
Alex Smith & Matt Leinart. There you go. If VY repeats from last season, you will see an open competition.

I hope you're right, but I think the big difference between Vince and the cases you mentioned is alot of people keep giving Vince credit he hasn't earned. I heard Shannon Sharpe saying on NFL radio the other day "that Vince hasn't put up big stats but he is a winner, and that,s how he should be judged. He got the Titans to the playoffs last year." I'm sorry Shannon but the Titans got to the playoffs IN SPITE OF Vince. Thank you DEFENSE! People give him a pass because of the success that the team is having, but that success just shows how good this team could be with a decent quarterback. Don't get me wrong, I'm on your side and I really hope you are right, but I know how Bud loves Texas boys, and I'm afraid they may be patient to a fault with VY. But I know mine is wearing thin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
djones51



Posts : 11
Join date : 2007-11-17
Location : Section 122, South Side of LP

PostSubject: Re: vince young (the 12th man)   Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:06 pm

Titans93 I agree with you on the defense carried the team to the playoffs last year. But I also have to agree with Shannon Sharpe also. Although VY had horrible stats last year, made some awful mistakes and looked like a complete first round bust, the Titans won and made the playoffs. Me personnaly, I would rather have a consistant winning team that is in the playoff race every year than have 1 or 2 very good years, then be in a re-building state for the next 5 years. I guess I am like Bud and have to much patience with VY but everyone has to admit, when he has a good game, it is a real good game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
titans93



Posts : 36
Join date : 2008-08-17
Location : Dresden, TN

PostSubject: Re: vince young (the 12th man)   Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:42 pm

djones51 wrote:
Titans93 I agree with you on the defense carried the team to the playoffs last year. But I also have to agree with Shannon Sharpe also. Although VY had horrible stats last year, made some awful mistakes and looked like a complete first round bust, the Titans won and made the playoffs. Me personnaly, I would rather have a consistant winning team that is in the playoff race every year than have 1 or 2 very good years, then be in a re-building state for the next 5 years. I guess I am like Bud and have to much patience with VY but everyone has to admit, when he has a good game, it is a real good game.

Good points, I guess I'm probably a little overly critical at this point because I heard so much good stuff coming out of training camp about Vince's progress, and I know it is preseason but mechanically and fundementally I haven't seen that much. I'm not anti-Vince, I hope he does great and I don't think this team needs a Peyton Manning to be successful. If he can just tone done the turnovers and be more accurate, I think we'll go a long way. I'm a firm believer that defense wins, and I believe our defense is SCARY GOOD! The best thing that ever happened was the Pacman saga because you're fixing to see C. Finnegan blossom into one of the top shut-down corners in the NFL over the coming years. You talk about a late round gem - this kid is it. GO TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: vince young (the 12th man)   

Back to top Go down
 
vince young (the 12th man)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Why, hello there young fella!
» Young Justice
» Young Dom and Anya plus hammerburst to trade/sell
» Old Lady, or Young Lady?
» Young Justice - don't call them sidekicks

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Titans Radio Fanzone :: Tennessee Titans Football :: The Latest Titans News & Views-
Jump to: