TitansRadio.Com  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Red Zone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
uncle ray (red crow)

PostSubject: Red Zone?   Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:20 pm

The Titans were the worst team in the NFL last year when it came to scoring touchdowns in the red zone. During the pre-season I was hoping to see some improvement. Is it Vince that can't throw it in, is it our wide receivers that can't get open, is it our offensive coordinator? Honestly, what's going on? Now, I'm no rocket scientist, but after seeing that you might think they would have practiced that during the off-season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: Re: Red Zone?   Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:43 pm

Fisher rarely shows anything in the preseason. If you will remember back one syear ago, the Titans surprised a heavily favored Jacksonville team with an offensive explosion. They have plenty of plays ready. They were never going to give the Jags something to look at on film. Fish and company know how inportant this game is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
djones51

PostSubject: Re: Red Zone?   Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:04 pm

I think alot of last years problem was the play calling. Not taking up for Vince or anybody else but you cant run the ball on 3 straight plays from the 5 yard line and expect to score every time. I think you will see the same offensive production you seen when Dinger was here before. The teams are built pretty close to the same, just different names. And as long as the defense holds up and the offense is ok, I think the Titans can go somewhere this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanfan4ever

PostSubject: Red Zone   Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:27 pm

I think it has to be a mental issue. So many times wev'e ssen this team move the ball and make plays from the other end of the field only to seem stifled when we get to 1st and Goal. I hope your right about Hdinger. Iv'e always thought we should try an option or more fades to the corner rather than the predictable Titans run up the middle which these teams are already expecting from us near the goal line. Jacksonville will be the perfect make or break game to break this pattern on and regain our confidence. I think if we can "bust some touchdowns" in this game that the monkey will be off our backs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: Re: Red Zone?   Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:59 pm

I usually don't make predictions and things of that nature because you never really know what is going to happen on any given Sunday but I feel in my gut that CJ is going to break a long TD run on our first offensive series. cheers

I hope Mike Keith has his vocal chords ready for some Touchdown Titans call because the boys haven't given him much practice lately. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitansFan

PostSubject: Re: Red Zone?   Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:56 pm

I think Crumpler will make a change in that stat for us this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
titans93

PostSubject: Re: Red Zone?   Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:43 pm

I've been surprised by the lack of Crumpler in the scheme so far. Alot of that may have been limited by Vince, so it will be interesing to see how it goes with Kerry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitansFan

PostSubject: Re: Red Zone?   Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:58 pm

Crumpler's name was called a few times last week. Maybe we'll keep him on the down-low until we play the Ravens or the Colts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: Re: Red Zone?   Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:19 am

Crumpler has been doing such a great job blocking defenders and opening holes for CJ and Lendale that it is hard for the coaches to stop using him in that capacity. Bo Scaife has been the benificiary of teams focusing on Crumpler and letting Bo get out into the open field.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Zone?   

Back to top Go down

Red Zone?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1