TitansRadio.Com  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Don't give up, Vince, GROW UP!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OldTitanFan

PostSubject: Don't give up, Vince, GROW UP!!   Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:56 am

Yes, I said it, and it bears repeating. LOOK at the pattern of what happens when he throws his second pick. You can't get him to go back on the field, and Fisher has to make him go back out there! I know you don't always know how to do all there is in only your 3rd year as QB, BUT when you're the face of the Titans, you don't go looking for a place to hide when you make a mistake, and that's what it looks like Young was doing yesterday! The NFL is just as much a MENTAL challenge as much as it is a physical challenge. Is Vince mature enough to handle the pressure, something he's never had to face as much as a Longhorn? As of right now, based on what I saw yesterday, I'd have to say no. Just look as his reaction after he got booed. The NFL is not a forgiving league, either you get it or you don't, and for those who don't, the NFL will stand for "not for long" like Jerry Glanville said once. Vince only YOU can change this-stop focusing on trying to be "Mr. Cool" and be the leader of the Tennessee Titans. The opportunity for this team to do great things this year will be there if VY will just simply.....GROW UP!

Last edited by OldTitanFan on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanfan4ever

PostSubject: Don't give up Vince GROW UP   Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:55 pm

I agree 100% OTF, the pressure is on and some of the Rookie Qb's in the league seem ahead of him in the learning curve. When the crowed started booing yesterday he didn't want to come back out and prove them wrong. Thats a sign of immaturity. I think Collins relit the light in the Offense when he came out in the 4th and started connecting. I think he'll do good with the weapons we have available. Teams know he's more dangerous going deep and when they blitz, a screen to Chris Johnson and off to the house. I don't usually pay much attention to the guys on ESPN but I think Chris Mortenson is right. The Titans are a SUPERBOWL caliber team but there's only one thing holding them back VY. He doesn't understand the different looks from the Defenses he faces.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chickamaugacreek

PostSubject: Why not Cutler?   Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:57 pm

I guess wisdom is vindicated by her children; and that said how wise was it to pass on Jay Cutler? Young will never grasp how to play QB at this level because he is dumber than a box of rocks. I tore my hair out when the Titans drafted this guy instead of Cutler. When is the last time a "mobile" QB has won it all? He does not have the skills to sit back in the pocket and let the game come to him. Then to add insult to injury we saw a millionaire sitting on the sidelines pouting because he was booed for doing what seems to come naturally to him-throwing picks. Is this a leader the team can get behind? Really? We are gonna hear Fisher hem and haw because of all the money the Titans have sank into this guy. I think the Titans are a BETTER team without VY. Just my opinion....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanpride

PostSubject: Re: Don't give up, Vince, GROW UP!!   Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:51 pm

We have a hidden gem in Ingle Martin... I hope this set-back for Young gives Martin the opportunity to get on the active 53 man roster behind Collins. I mean it when I say it... if Martin get a chance to play in a regular game, fans will be asking why didn't they play him earlier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
titans93

PostSubject: Re: Don't give up, Vince, GROW UP!!   Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:49 pm

Every suggestion I keep hearing about Vince is that he just needs to "manage the game", and just don't lose it. What is that saying? I'm gonna have to agree with Madden here, that is saying the guy is not that good. Instead of trying to get the guy you've got to be even - no plus, no minus; why not get someone in there who can be a plus?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldTitanFan

PostSubject: Re: Don't give up, Vince, GROW UP!!   Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:04 am

chickamaugacreek wrote:
I guess wisdom is vindicated by her children; and that said how wise was it to pass on Jay Cutler? Young will never grasp how to play QB at this level because he is dumber than a box of rocks. I tore my hair out when the Titans drafted this guy instead of Cutler. When is the last time a "mobile" QB has won it all? He does not have the skills to sit back in the pocket and let the game come to him. Then to add insult to injury we saw a millionaire sitting on the sidelines pouting because he was booed for doing what seems to come naturally to him-throwing picks. Is this a leader the team can get behind? Really? We are gonna hear Fisher hem and haw because of all the money the Titans have sank into this guy. I think the Titans are a BETTER team without VY. Just my opinion....

Point made,but here's the problem in the process. First of all 3 years ago when the draft choice was made, some people wanted Matt Leinart instead of VY. Well you see how well THAT is working out for the Arizona Cardinals!! The scary part is this, the two QBs who played in the '05 Rose Bowl are the MIRROR IMAGE of each other in the maturity department.Two 30 plus year old QBs are now playing in the place of two first round draft picks. COINCIDENCE?! You be the judge. Do me a favor and follow the pattern:Why is everyone connected to the Titans organization from the front office to the coaches and even Titans Radio are walking on eggshells when it comes to being extremely critical about Young? He was the draft pick choice of Bud Adams,being from Texas, wanting someone from Texas. Borrowing a line from the Daughtry hit, "I'm Coming Home", be careful what you wish for you just might get it all.....and some things you don't want!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chickamaugacreek

PostSubject: Re: Don't give up, Vince, GROW UP!!   Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:00 pm

Are you quoting Daughtry to me? Really? Daughtry?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chickamaugacreek

PostSubject: Re: Don't give up, Vince, GROW UP!!   Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:03 pm

I wasn't talking about Leinart, I said C-U-T-L-E-R. You know, the guy who lit it up last night on MNF and played his college ball in Nashville. That guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: Re: Don't give up, Vince, GROW UP!!   Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:21 pm

I wanted Cutler too but he was not the pick so there is no point dwelling on it. The fact is that VY has some mental issues that need to be adressed. Pretending like a problem does not exist has only made the situation worse. If he does not get his mind in the right place, he will never be a good QB. The franchise has wasted a great defense for a long time now and if Vince does not come back from this injury and play well, we will not be a legitimate threat in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jgozzard80

PostSubject: Re: Don't give up, Vince, GROW UP!!   Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:05 pm

Man, I think Jeff Fisher is a great coach, he has done some things in games that I thought have been stellar. But I wish he would get a little Herman Edwards in him sometimes. You've got to respect him for being a player's coach though. It's good to see everybody calling out Young. There is no more room for excuses. I'm excited to see what Collins does against Cinci. He is not our answer, but I think he can manage the offense. Brian, your right about wasting the defense--we all know that there is a short window of opportunity in this league. The Bears made it (of course from the NFC) with a similar problem. If we can just get our offense to sustain drives and score here and there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanfan4ever

PostSubject: Don't give up Vince Grow Up   Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:59 pm

I heard on Nashville news tonight that the Nashville police were called to look for Vince after he failed to show up for an afternoon meeting. Word was out that the team was worried about his well being. Is he messing with everyone or were they afraid he was going to do something to himself? If this is the case then he should be getting help immediately and we should be moving on. The NFL is no place for someone who's not stable or suffering from severe depression. I heard Ingle Martin is gone now too and Chris Simms is in. I hope we roll on Cinci this weekend. Go Titans!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanpride

PostSubject: Re: Don't give up, Vince, GROW UP!!   Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:09 am

Vince Young reminds me of Ryan Leaf...I had to say it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldTitanFan

PostSubject: Re: Don't give up, Vince, GROW UP!!   Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:30 am

chickamaugacreek wrote:
I wasn't talking about Leinart, I said C-U-T-L-E-R. You know, the guy who lit it up last night on MNF and played his college ball in Nashville. That guy.

You were missing my point all together, I was talking about the choice Bud Adams made picking VY. And I was making the statement that some Titans fans wanted Leinart. Don't worry, everybody else got it, you'll catch up eventually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
djones51

PostSubject: Re: Don't give up, Vince, GROW UP!!   Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:00 am

Ahhh...Metro Police...kinda reminds you of the Pacman days. But seriously, I think that the NFL Network and everybody else is blowing this up to be a big deal. From everything I have heard, he just forgot his cell phone at home and was at a friends house watching Monday Night Football. In my opinion, this could be the best thing that happened to Vince this year. The next few weeks off will give him time to learn more of the playbook and work on the fundamentals with Dinger. But I can see why he would be upset, I mean what kind of real Titans fan boo their starting quaterback when he makes a mistake???? Yes he makes mistakes, and yes most at bad times but it is just his 3rd year. Im not totally sold on Vince but I do believe in standing behind your big players. Just my 2 cents on the VY situation.

P.S.
Got an extra Cincy ticket if anybody wants it, just send me an e-mail and I will give you the info.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldTitanFan

PostSubject: Re: Don't give up, Vince, GROW UP!!   Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:24 pm

Are you saying Titans fans are supposed to have blinders on? I don't care who you are, YOU DON'T RESPOND LIKE THAT IN A LEADERSHIP POSITION-EVER!!! Even Kevin Mawae said Vince needs to have thick skin. Part of Vince's problem is the past. From Pop Warner to his days as a Longhorn, no one's had the balls to be critical of him. He's been pampered all his life prior to becoming an NFL QB. THERE IS NO GRAY AREA IN THE NFL. Either you succeed or the league will chew you up and spit you out like Dentyne.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
djones51

PostSubject: Re: Don't give up, Vince, GROW UP!!   Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:15 pm

I never said I agreed with the way he took it. I said I didnt agree with the Titans fans booing him off of the field when he throws an interception. I agree he shouldnt act the way he did but I also think the fans shouldnt have acted the way they did about it either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jgozzard80

PostSubject: Vince   Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:51 pm

I think the problem the fans have boils down to rookie salaries. When you sign a guy for $60 million that hasn't played a down in the NFL, there are expecations. We got a QB with a lot of hype and no skill. However, we are stuck playing him because of the money we paid him. If Young was just a free agent we signed for a minor salary, there is no way in hell he would start as our QB. That's were the frustration starts for the fans. We get an interception, next play Young throws a pick to a defensive lineman. The ball wasn't even tipped. Who does that? I've been a big defender of our WR's (not saying theyr'e great), Young is horrible. We will definately get a better feel for our offense with Collins playing. He might take some sacks, but I think we will get a much better passing display.

I've got to add that I feel the fans had every right to boo. Young has to be the most immature guy in the NFL. $60 million dollars------Boy, he's got it rough. Give me a break and man up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
titanfan109

PostSubject: Agree   Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:08 pm

I can not describe how insanely upset I was this past Sunday. I have seen some of the greatest fans in the NFL become some of the worst. Yes, I never thought I would say this but Titans fans were absolutely terrible on Sunday. I have been to "sold out" Titans games where fans were leaving at halftime, but I still believed that we were some of the best fans in the league. I was the only person standing in the endzone during the final play of the season against the Lions during our 4-12 year, but I still believed we were some of the best fans. It took this past Sunday and booing our quarterback who turned an 0-5 start into an 8-8 season, one game away from the playoffs his rookie year. He then built onto that his second season taking us to the playoffs. Was it pretty? No, but we were there! So during the first game of the season, which we win, we boo him off the field and cheer for Kerry Collins???? I am disgusted beyond words. Titans fans need to educate themselves on the game of football.

-A smart and loyal Titans fan-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jgozzard80

PostSubject: Re: Agree   Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:07 pm

I get really tired of hearing what Vince Young has done for this team. How he took us to the playoffs etc. We barely won games because Vince played horrible, our defense played great keeping us in the game, and then Vince would pull something off at the end to give us a win. The problem is, that we would have easily won the majority of our games if we had a mediocre QB by NFL standards. Halfway through last season Young was ranked about 40th in the NFL among QBs. There is only 32 teams. That is pathetic.
What I'm talking about are the games where Vince would have about 150 yds passing, QB rating of 40, a couple picks, a fumble, and he would run for about 70 yds, score a late TD and we barely win. Then everybody says "Vince just wins games and carries the Titans." I say "BS!"

I drove from St. Louis to every home game Vince's rookie year, I've seen every game since, and I have every right to boo VY. It has nothing to do with football education! Why can't I boo a QB that pouts like a baby, gets paid a huge salary and doesn't perform, and brings our team down? Dedication as a fan and football intelligence doesn't have anything to do with this situation. We're not talking about Brett Favre here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldTitanFan

PostSubject: What happened to Bears' Rex Grossman could happen to Vince   Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:27 am

I have to agree with JG here. Had this injury/mental hang up didn't occur, VY could've been in danger of what happened to Bears QB Rex Grossman. Even in Super Bowl XLI, Grossman threw so many picks, a great Bears' D got exhausted for being on the field so much against the Colts. The next year, the Bears' D got so disgusted with Grossman's turnovers, THEY TURNED ON HIM! I thought a couple of times Brian Urlacher was gonna kill him!! You don't think it makes a difference? Grossman is now collecting splinters on the bench for Chicago.Had VY not gotten hurt, who's to say the Titans' D wouldn't get disgusted continuing covering for Young's mistakes? I think Fisher has had enough himself. If you read between the lines of the last press conference, it sounds like Coach wants to see vast improvements physically AND mentally before VY gets his starting position back. Collins will at least manage the game & cut down turnovers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanpride

PostSubject: Re: Don't give up, Vince, GROW UP!!   Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:23 pm

I agree with jgozzard80
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawgmeister

PostSubject: Re: Don't give up, Vince, GROW UP!!   Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:49 am

The NFL is a business. Vince Young wouldn't be the first high draft choice to wash out. There are too many to mention. The goal of any NFL team is to win no matter who plays QB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
titanfan109

PostSubject: Look at what you said   Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:57 pm

jgozz- First of all look at what you typed. He won games and got us to the playoffs. I understand he gets paid millions of dollars and people feel it necessary to boo him. My point is he hasn't done anything wrong. Yes, he is a QB that throws a lot of picks, we have to deal with that. However, he continues to win games and he took us to the playoffs his FIRST year as the starter. You can't argue with that. Where were we before Vince?? Sitting at home watching other teams play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
titans93

PostSubject: Booing   Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:26 pm

It's everyone's individual right to boo or not. Personally, I don't like Vince's play but I will never boo any Titans player at LP field. I don't won't the rest of the football world, the other team, or anyone else to see us treat our own that way. I'm not criticizing anyone else, or telling them what to do - I'm just stating my position since it seems to be getting debated about booing Vince or not. If you were gonna boo, I do think his performance has been boo-worthy. I wasn't at the week one game, but I heard that fans cheered when Vince got injured, and I will go on record as saying that anyone who cheers for any player for any team getting injured is wrong I don't care if they've thrown 300 interceptions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cornelius leach

PostSubject: Re: Don't give up, Vince, GROW UP!!   Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:07 pm

its kinda hard to perform when vince is playing predictable take it from me an allstar cb /ss it does not take long to read run or pass in the nfl less than 4.0 sec and with all the preperation for each game they are putting yonng in situations were teams think they have a avantage lets see he throws or runs all in about 4.0 sec or less defenses are just sittting on purely run and why not they still think he cant make the nfl throws i will take you back to madden 2008 when young got the cover i gave you guys a secret then for qbs sort of a change up for qbs one of the ways to keep dbs honest sincerly cornelius leach feel free to ask me any questions anytime go titians

Last edited by cornelius leach on Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sercurty)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't give up, Vince, GROW UP!!   

Back to top Go down

Don't give up, Vince, GROW UP!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next