TitansRadio.Com  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Finnegan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jgozzard80

PostSubject: Finnegan   Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:29 pm

Big props to the Titans overcoming penalties and a tough defense. What a great start to the 08 season. I just want to comment on the Finnegan/Bullock incident. I'm a big fan of Cortland, and I don't know what was said between the two, but anytime Keith Bullock gets in your face you better shut up and listen. Know your place and stay focused as a team. I don't think anything will carry over from this. It was what most of us expected out there today against the Ravens. Great win today! Great job by Collins staying in the pocket under pressure and finding Crumpler for the win!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldTitanFan

PostSubject: Re: Finnegan   Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:12 pm

It was a great win, JG! As far as Cortland was concerned, OK, first time personal foul, "My bad". SECOND TIME, you can bet what Bullock said to Finnegan was supported by both Schwartz & Fisher! There's no place for that on the team unless you want your ass to end up on the bench, then CUT soon afterwards! Cortland, you're good, but you're not THAT good. Mind your Ps & Qs, son!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanfan4ever

PostSubject: Re: Finnegan   Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:03 am

I agree with both of you, this was THE TEST! I think alot of frustration came from penalties that weren't caught by the officials. When I got home from work today I watched the tape of the game and saw Vandenbosh getting chopblocked a few time with no flags. I saw Brandon Jones and Mcareins held by their jerseys and no flags. There were some push-offs as well by their receivers' again, no flags. The Ravens have a great Defense no doubt, but they got away with alot as well. Like you I'm not sure what was said between Bullock and Finnegan but the kid needs to listen and I think Bullock should keep the shoving in the house instead of on the field giving Raven fans the impression there might be dissention in the ranks. Kerry proved that a true leader doesn't give up after a couple of int's but goes back out and leads us to 5-0. There will be alot of muscle cream and Ibuprofen being used tonight no doubt but a win sure does ease the pain. GO TITANS! By the way, contratulations Alge on your first touchdown as a Titan!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldTitanFan

PostSubject: Re: Finnegan   Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:48 pm

Good point,Titanfan4ever. I'm sure Keith probably thought about that afterwards, although that was in the heat of the battle, and he was thinking that the Titans can't just give away field position by penalties. It was VERY lopsided when it came to the calls. Damn! Then the Ravens D has the nerve to be upset on that call against Suggs! Gimme a break! Both the offense & defense had been getting away with stuff all day long, and the refs kept that flag in their pockets!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawgmeister

PostSubject: Re: Finnegan   Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:21 pm

I was disappointed that Finnegan lost his cool yesterday. I thought that Bullock did the right thing getting into Finnegan's face. The bottom line is we're 5-0 and we have our bye week to lick our wounds and get our heads back on straight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: Re: Finnegan   Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:39 am

Bulluck couldn't wait to put Finnegan in check because Finn had lost his mind. The defense was coming apart because of it and Finn was getting mentally worked over by the veteran Mason. D-Mase is one of the best in the league at getting corners to play the game he wants. I have been saying it for a while now that Finn was walking the edge on being a dirty player and Bulluck had no choice but to pull his card on the field and let him know that he was not going to be the reason Tennessee lost their first game of the season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jgozzard80

PostSubject: Re: Finnegan   Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:07 pm

I think what made it such a big deal, as far as Bulluck's reaction is the fact that Keith seems to take a quiet leadership position. He is not a Ray Lewis kind of guy. We all know, it's important to respect the team captains. Finnegan shouldn't have carried it to the sideline. It's good that Cortland plays with great emotion but like you said Brian, he is boderline.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
djones51

PostSubject: Re: Finnegan   Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:28 pm

I agree with what Bulluck done, he is the captain and it is his responsibility to keep the defense in line on the field. Although, in my opinion the second personal foul on Finnegan shouldn't have been called. He was in the motion of tackling the ball carrier when they went out of bounds, you can't expect a player just to let a guy go when the ball carrier is half way to the ground. You see it in every game every week and its never called. Im not trying to take up for Finnegan but I do think that was a picky call.

I dont think the bye week could have come at a better time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: Re: Finnegan   Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:19 am

John Lynch drew many flags in his career that he did not deserve but they were only called bacuse of the ones he did deserve. Cort is on his way to a reputation with the referees that you do not want to have. I don't think they would have flagged the second if he had not committed the first foul.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
titans93

PostSubject: Re: Finnegan   Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:29 pm

I agree with what Coach Fisher said on his show Tuesday night, I think the second flag was a result of the direction the game was going. The refs thought it was getting out of hand and they had itchy trigger fingers at that point in the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jgozzard80

PostSubject: Re: FInnegan   Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:59 pm

Very good points by both djones and Brian. I totally forgot that it was really a BS penalty to begin with. I just hope that in the lockeroom they reconciled their differences. Maybe it will have a positive effect-who knows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanfan4ever

PostSubject: Re: Finnegan   Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:15 pm

Sports Central out of Nashville showed the whole Defense out on the field playing "Tip the Ball". Everyone looked like they were having a blast. You wouldn't ever know anything had happened. I personally think that when Finnegan matures some, he will be a superstar of the NFL. Yea, he screwed up in that game big time, but he's also tied for most interceptions in the League right now. Fisher isn't going to tolerate somebody he thinks is a dirty player I think he has helped put the worry about losing Pacman to rest and QB's seem like they're thinking twice about throwing his direction. By the way, several veterans from both teams were shoving and throwing blows in that game. I hope the team gets alot of much needed rest and that evryone focuses on going 6-0 against K.C....GO TITANS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
titans93

PostSubject: Re: Finnegan   Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:36 pm

I agree titansfan4ever, it's over it was just a heated moment in a heated game. Even the vets got riled up (see Chris Hope). This defense is fine, the team chemistry is fine. The Chiefs better get ready for something they've never encountered before. GO TITANS!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitansFan

PostSubject: Re: Finnegan   Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:00 pm

The bottom line is, the NFL fined both Finnegan and Mason $5,000. So even though Mason was his usual punk self and wasn't penalized on the field, his wallet's equally lighter. I like Finnegan's fire. He's young and just needs to learn not to be emotionally controlled. He's smart; I think he learned that lesson.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finnegan   

Back to top Go down

Finnegan
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Titans Radio Fanzone :: Tennessee Titans Football :: The Latest Titans News & Views-
Jump to: