TitansRadio.Com  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Great loss

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ronhamm

PostSubject: Great loss   Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:01 pm

What a great loss of a person and a player. Steve will be missed by many!
Back to top Go down
TitansRo

PostSubject: #9   Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:28 am

Steve was my idol and a role model to me. His courage and playmaking abilities are comparable to none. He was always willing to sacrifice his body and endure pain for the benefit of the team. With the Steve McNair foundation along with other charitable acts, he showed that he cared for the community and was willing to make a difference in the lives of many. McNair will be remembered not only as the greatest player to grace a Titan uniform, but as a one of the greatest players to ever play the game, a role model, a man of God, and a warrior. We love you. Rest In Peace #9.
Back to top Go down
adrian33

PostSubject: #9   Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:59 pm

I will always remember Steve, he was the reason I became a Titans fan, I have so many memories of him, making plays out of nowhere
RIP
Back to top Go down
Titans4L

PostSubject: sad   Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:32 pm

Steve "air" McNair you will be missed. You were such a great player and athlete both on and off the field. R.I.P
Back to top Go down
taranto

PostSubject: Re: Great loss   Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:38 pm

I've grown up an Oilers/Titans fan, and this loss is tremendous.

Favorite memory:

I was attending Southern Methodist Univ when the Titans came to Dallas to open the pre-season in 2004. We organized a big Titans tailgate for Titan fan transplants in Dallas. We were easy to spot in the parking lot with the flags waving high, which attracted more Titan fans. Sure enough, a group of fans approached and said they had just driven in from Mississippi. They said they were Steve McNair's "folks". I replied, "You are Steve McNair's parents!?" They got a good laugh, and said, no, we are from Steve's hometown in MS. That to me was a testament of how Steve garnered the love and admiration of his fellow community members. It was amazing to see the pride and excitement of his folks who had watched him grow up and become the player and man he was. He was more than our tough-as-nails QB, more than a great neighbor, more than hero.

I was inspired by the way he played the game, but I will always admire him for the man he was off the field. I saw him several times in Nashville in public places and Steve was always smiling and approachable. I believe Steve embraced the bond among his fans and supporters. Just like his hometown fans from Mississippi, we were all "folks" to McNair.

We'll miss you, #9.
Back to top Go down
Tennesse

PostSubject: Genuinely nice guy who will be missed   Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:41 am

Sad Having met Steve McNair on three separate occassions I am so saddened by the news of his tragic loss of life. He was the same person everytime I had the pleasure to meet him. My most memorable encounter was 5 years ago when he came to a table where my husband, my grandson and I were eating dinner. We were having dinner at The Shack in Hendersonville. Steve had had one of his camps and had a group of people and kids in a private room (not so private, the door was open). Our waitress had asked my grandson "Do you know who is in there?" He replied "No." She said "Steve McNair." She asked if he would like to meet him and she would take him in if he wanted. Being too shy, he just shook his head no. Later on she asked him again and he still shook his head no. Toward the end of our dinner, there was this big guy who came over to our table and looking straight at Joshua, my grandson, stated "I understand there is someone who wanted to meet me." Joshua's eyes got to the size of saucers as he looked up and there was Steve. Steve stuck out his hand to Joshua to shake his hand. Joshua was wearing an Eddie George jersey and Steve asked him if he liked football. He talked with him for a few minutes. The total attention he gave to my 5 year old grandson was something I will never forget and neither has Joshua. Steve was very gracious and gave him an autograph.
Whatever his private life may entail was just that-his private life. When out in public he was always like the person you saw on the field. Always had time for his fans, always had a smile on his face and always was a champion of a guy. I truly hate knowing that there won't be another chance encounter. Sad
Back to top Go down
tntitans

PostSubject: Re: Great loss   Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:56 am

[b]the one time i met steve i was so excited because i had dreamed of it forever,since i had followed him from alcorn state.i told him this ,this was the year he had a dislocated finger.he reached our for my hand and kissed it and told me "pretty lady you finally made it.i adored steve,he is the reason i got into football in the first place.going to the games i took alot of pictures mostly of steve of course.i looked at my daughter the other day and told her "i have something no one else has'''i have my own memories,,be it on pictures or on disc,,,which i have them all on disc.who is anyone to judge,,no one is perfect.....to me steve was the perfect man..i will miss him alot..in a way he was my best friend when i was alone or scared or sad .he was my go to guy.REST IN PEACE my dear ,dear friend..i will never ever forget you nor do i ever want to,,,how can you forget one of the best people you have ever,,,ever known???
Back to top Go down
tntitans

PostSubject: 12th man   Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:17 pm

by the way the titans will have a twelth man on the field this year and for years to come....look over your shoulders and i am sure with all his glory ,wit and strength he will be there to hold you up and guide you" watch out for the titans and their twelth man " ,,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great loss   

Back to top Go down

Great loss
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Titans Radio Fanzone :: Remembering Steve McNair-
Jump to: