Titans Radio Fanzone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TitansRadio.Com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
titanium46

Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S. Empty
PostSubject: Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S.   Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S. EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 2:33 pm

First off, who the hell would believe anything coming from the mouth of a convicted felon who kills himself and his girlfriend and who was known to be a LIAR?! No one with a brain that's who.If Fowler has been on roids they would've discovered it through testing at some point since these guys get tested on a regular basis. Second, Even if he did do it at some point the NFL can't suspend him for something he did in the past. Is he testing positive now? No? So move on.That's like prosecuting someone now who smoked a pin joint in 84'. Pretty Stupid! What a colossal waste of time investigating him. I personally don't care if players use steroids or don't. They will live with the health consequences later in life and it is their own decision. The NFL and The Federal government need to stay the hell out of it and Quit trying to pretend they have these high follutin moral standards and that they actually care about people because we know they don't. As far as the 12th mans concern about what his son will think, you don't have to tell him anything. We all grew up watching football with steroid ridden players and nobody was crying about it then. He'll discover the world on his own terms no sense in hiding reality. "46"
Back to top Go down
Titanpride

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S.   Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S. EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 4:04 pm

I'll hold my opinion on Fowler being suspect until the facts come out.
Back to top Go down
dukenextdoor

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S.   Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S. EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 4:40 pm

You seriously dont care if athletes are juiced up??????? hmmmmm how about if they video tape signals or heat up balls? or hell pay off refs or wiretap the mics or even copy other teams playbooks? cheating is cheating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! baseball players have too,i mean hell they play baseball for gods sake! something has to draw attention to the dying sport! but FOOTBALL?
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S.   Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S. EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 4:53 pm

titanium46 wrote:
First off, who the hell would believe anything coming from the mouth of a convicted felon who kills himself and his girlfriend and who was known to be a LIAR?! No one with a brain that's who.If Fowler has been on roids they would've discovered it through testing at some point since these guys get tested on a regular basis. Second, Even if he did do it at some point the NFL can't suspend him for something he did in the past. Is he testing positive now? No? So move on.That's like prosecuting someone now who smoked a pin joint in 84'. Pretty Stupid! What a colossal waste of time investigating him. I personally don't care if players use steroids or don't. They will live with the health consequences later in life and it is their own decision. The NFL and The Federal government need to stay the hell out of it and Quit trying to pretend they have these high follutin moral standards and that they actually care about people because we know they don't. As far as the 12th mans concern about what his son will think, you don't have to tell him anything. We all grew up watching football with steroid ridden players and nobody was crying about it then. He'll discover the world on his own terms no sense in hiding reality. "46"

Who would believe anything coming out of the mouth of a known steroid user and dealer. Jose Canseco ring a bell? I definitely have a problem with steroids in football. Tests can be beat. I do not tell anyone how to raise their children but I dont believe any child should "discover the world on their own terms" I would prefer to teach him things and answer his questions when they are asked. I think the biggest problem with steroids, in the NFLs case is that "noone was crying about it then" and noone seems to be crying about it now.
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S.   Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S. EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 4:55 pm

Titanpride wrote:

I almost held mine too. The truth would still have been that I don't believe him no matter what I would have written. I am hearing that the NFL already has text messages and possibly canceled checks.
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: From User: Sect309Fan on the TitansOnline Messageboard   Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S. EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 5:06 pm

This was in response to my report this morning. Thought it was a good take on the difference in baseball and football steroid use.

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36612&page=4

"That's a good response.

I think one reason why fans get so outraged when baseball players are talked about and not so much when football players do it is because of how stat-based baseball is. Many of baseball's recent home run kings have been associated with steroids. There is a noticable stat improvement because of steroids for certain players.

I don't think we notice a big stat difference in football because of steroids. The players are already all big, strong, and fast. Plus the people more known to use steroids aren't the ones whose stats we care as much about.

I imagine Fowler is guilty and will be suspended by the NFL for 4 games. He isn't the first player to be named, and he certainly won't be the last."
Back to top Go down
dukenextdoor

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S.   Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S. EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 7:43 pm

and because of the violence in this sport the consequences should be harsh!!!!! ask romanowski if they didnt make him more aggressive! and angry! these are monsters and to let them continue to use these drugs could be disasterous for the sport. imagine the infamous haynesworth incident......now juice him up and see what happens!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Titanpride

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S.   Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S. EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 7:57 pm

brianmaxwell wrote:
Titanpride wrote:

I almost held mine too. The truth would still have been that I don't believe him no matter what I would have written. I am hearing that the NFL already has text messages and possibly canceled checks.
I agree... where's there smoke there's fire.
Back to top Go down
titanium46

PostSubject: Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S.   Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S. EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 8:02 pm

You seriously dont care if athletes are juiced up??????? hmmmmm how about if they video tape signals or heat up balls? or hell pay off refs or wiretap the mics or even copy other teams playbooks? cheating is cheating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! baseball players have too,i mean hell they play baseball for gods sake! something has to draw attention to the dying sport! but FOOTBALL?
dukenextdoor

I disgree with your cheating assesssment. Aside from augmented strength(which doesn't even last unless user is consistently on it)how is it cheating?! Does it make you a smarter player?Does it make you read plays better?Does it make you catch the ball better? Nope. Players Still have to go out there and perform.If you mean they are cheating themselves out of a long career you may be right. IMO that is really the individual players cross to bear. Nobody is taking roids against their will. You are correct. I don't care if players juice up,and everybody is making too big a deal about something they won't stop anyway that has been around before most of us were even born.
And how the heck is video taping signals,stealing playbooks,(which are cheating) even in the same arena as steroid use? Please don't give me the added advantage crap either because all players in the league are using some sort of performance enhancing drug. Whether it is legal or not really just depends if the NFL is aware of it or not. If all you moralists out there really wanna clean up the league and punish players for juicing up you better get a brand new league. Many of your heroes, believe it or not, are doing it too just low profile. This whole steroid thing is blown way outta proportion especially in baseball. These idiots in congress wanna waste taxpayers money going after ballplayers who juiced instead of their own white collar criminals stealing millions and ruining peoples lives. Whats next banning hyperbollick chambers?! Gimme a break. Since you asked, would I as an athlete take steroids? Absolutely not because I know the risks outweight the rewards. If you guys really want a moral crusade to get behind, start badgering athletes and people who are cigarette smokers,pill poppers, and alchoholics. Oh I forgot the hypocritical retort those undangerous substances are legal. How silly of me "46"

Last edited by titanium46 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Titanpride

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S.   Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S. EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 8:02 pm

dukenextdoor wrote:
You seriously dont care if athletes are juiced up???????
What I said was I'd hold my opinion until the facts come out. I agree, if your going to juice-up, your a cheater... and with Godell making his point very clear... this is a bad time for Fowler. One player I'm sure is watching this very closely is Tulloch.
Back to top Go down
dukenextdoor

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S.   Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S. EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 8:24 pm

titanium46 wrote:
I disgree with your cheating assesssment. Aside from augmented strength(which doesn't even last unless user is consistently on it)how is it cheating?! "

ok "46" this is a sport of physical beings and by using steroids you hav ethe energy to work out and train twice as long and twice as hard.......this gives u an advantage,thus it IS cheating!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S.   Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S. EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 1:08 pm

When you look at a kid like Ken Griffey Jr who loses years to injuries because he refuses to cheat a sport that he respects and then hits his 600th homerun only for it to mean nothing it is sad. Bary Bonds stole Griffeys thunder by using steroids and HGH. I also agree that Congress has no place in this thing UNLESS the NFL refuses to do anything about it.

The fact is that you will never completely clean up any sport. Now that they have allowed metal legs for runners with disabilities in the olympics, you won't have to wait too long before some idiot chops off his legs to get the slightest advantage.

Steroids have found their way into high schools and middle schools. That is insane. If you look at it like we can't clean it up completely so why not just let players do what they want then you have lost complete control and the bottom will eventually fall out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S.   Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ryan Fowler accusations are B.S.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Titans Radio Fanzone :: Tennessee Titans Football :: The Latest Titans News & Views-
Jump to: