Titans Radio Fanzone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TitansRadio.Com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Final preseason reviews

Go down 
+2
Titanfan4ever
titans93
6 posters
AuthorMessage
titans93

Final preseason reviews Empty
PostSubject: Final preseason reviews   Final preseason reviews EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 10:44 pm

I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the preseason, now that it has wound up.
Back to top Go down
Titanfan4ever

PostSubject: Final Preseason Reviews   Final preseason reviews EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 11:21 pm

Sorry 93, we saw the same thing tonight that wev'e been seeing so far, no Red Zone touchdowns except for what our Rookie Chris Johnson manages to race in for. I hope this "mental block" is broken by next Sunday. I also have a feeling that Baronas will be breaking his 8 field goal NFL record this year. If our defense is going to maintain it's strength then it can't stay out on the field for the majority of 4 quarters.
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: Re: Final preseason reviews   Final preseason reviews EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 1:14 pm

Every 3rd and 1 we ran for this preaseason failed and that is our biggest problem.
Back to top Go down
Titanpride

PostSubject: Re: Final preseason reviews   Final preseason reviews EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 2:01 pm

Thats because they're playing a full run defense on 3rd down... because they know Young can't pass. I don't mean to come across negative, but a first year DC is going to key in on that.
Back to top Go down
titans93

PostSubject: Re: Final preseason reviews   Final preseason reviews EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 2:31 pm

brianmaxwell wrote:
Every 3rd and 1 we ran for this preaseason failed and that is our biggest problem.

Good point, alot of people emphasize big plays, but I'm a firm believer in moving the chains. Just keep getting me first downs and you'll win a lot of games. There's no excuse for not converting a high percentage of 3rd and 1's
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: Re: Final preseason reviews   Final preseason reviews EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 4:16 pm

Titanpride wrote:
Thats because they're playing a full run defense on 3rd down... because they know Young can't pass. I don't mean to come across negative, but a first year DC is going to key in on that.

Should not matter. If our line is worth what we are paying them and Lendale/CJ are the truth like we say they are then we should be able to run for 1 yard if they know the play we are running.
Back to top Go down
titans93

PostSubject: Re: Final preseason reviews   Final preseason reviews EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 9:03 pm

brianmaxwell wrote:
Should not matter. If our line is worth what we are paying them and Lendale/CJ are the truth like we say they are then we should be able to run for 1 yard if they know the play we are running.

Exactly. With a run game like ours should be, you should be able to walk to the line of scrimmage, announce the play, and still pick up 1 yard.
Back to top Go down
jgozzard80

PostSubject: Final preseason reviews   Final preseason reviews EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 10:02 am

You still have to block linebackers. I agree that you should pick up 3rd and 1 about 90%, but you still have to have a versitle playbook. That defensive line is gettting paid a lot of money as well.

Think about what Kevin Mawae said about Young at the end of last year. I think that was a pretty big statement about the capabilities being slim with Young at the helm. I feel pretty strong about playing out Young's contract and moving on. Sure it's only his third year, but he doesn't even look like a "quarterback" in the pocket. He looks like a kid playing smear the queer. If you knew nothing about football, and watched both Vince and Ingle Martin play a few downs, you would say that Martin is the better guy. We all keep analyzing and analyzing because we are fans and that's what we do, but It starts and ends with a QB. As athletic as Vince is, I just don't think he is the guy. I hope I eat those words!
Back to top Go down
OldTitanFan

PostSubject: Re: Final preseason reviews   Final preseason reviews EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 4:54 am

I just keep thinking about what BMax said, and I hope he's right. All this is a smoke screen to get through the preseason, and Heimerdinger has got some keys plays & reads for VY. All I know is I hope one of the things Vince is doing is looking at film from last year's game and not repeat those same mistakes. Personally, I don't like getting SMOKED by those damn Jags in our own house!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final preseason reviews   Final preseason reviews Empty

Back to top Go down

Final preseason reviews
Page 1 of 1