Titans Radio Fanzone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TitansRadio.Com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collins the starter!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jgozzard80

Collins the starter! Empty
PostSubject: Collins the starter!   Collins the starter! EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 9:44 pm

I have to say that I am somewhat surprised to see Fisher come out and say that Collins will start for the remainder of the year-even though it makes perfect sense. That shows you that Yound indeed has some serious mental problems. I think if Collins play was the deciding factor, then he would have been starting a long time ago. Everybody knew he was capable of that.

Is it just me, or does it seem like Collins played a great game? In reallity, he just did what we asked him to do and sustained drives (50 mph gusts). It's just such a drastic change from the usual. To see our QB sit in the pocket comfortably and throw bullets. I got pretty excited. I think Collins has the chance to throw for 250 yds consistenly if we give him the opportunity. I was a little dissapointed though to see us run the clock out with 8 minutes left in the 4th.

I'm pretty pumped about our chances. We have a fair offense with a big upside, and a championship defense! Let me hear your thoughts.

P.S. I'm eating all my draft comments about CJ.
Back to top Go down
titans93

PostSubject: Re: Collins the starter!   Collins the starter! EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:46 pm

I'm surprised also that he said after one game, but eventually he had to. IT IS SO OBVIOUS! The offense actually works with a real quarterback at the helm. I have wanted Vince to be it so badly. I'm not one of those people who never gave him a chance, I had all his jerseys, his fathead on my wall, and I tried to wanted him to make it. BUT HE HAS FAILED!!!!!!!! For now Kerry is the Man, and we need to start looking for a long term solution at qb because let's face it Collin's ain't no spring chicken, but with him under center we ain't gonna get no high draft pick pick. We're gonna be a super bowl contender with Kerry runnin the show! GO TITANS!!!
Back to top Go down
Titanfan4ever

PostSubject: Collins The Starter   Collins the starter! EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:48 pm

Heimerdinger anticipated the Bengals scheme to stop the run and Collins did a great job of executing bootleg passes and moving around in the pocket. He wasted no time getting rid of the ball when he had to and recognized the different looks on Defense. Something else we saw was consistancy in the accuracy dept.(something we haven't seen in a long time). I believe we will be 3-0 after this Sunday as long as we don't overlook the Texans. We have a golden Opportunity this year as long as key people stay healthy. Way to go Fisher for making the quick decision to stick with a mature team leader to carry us to the playoffs. By the way Jaws(ESPN) your'e 0-2 so far. Guess you'll have to find something your good at cause you sure can't pick winners!
Back to top Go down
Dawgmeister

PostSubject: Re: Collins the starter!   Collins the starter! EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 10:43 am

There are two schools of thought about decisions concerning starting qb's. (1) a starting qb can't lose his job because of an injury. (2) if a backup qb is getting the job done and the team is winning, go with the qb that has a hot hand. Apparently Jeff Fisher has decided on #2. That way Vince won't have to rush back and at the same time make sure that his knee is healed as well as his state of mind. The bottom line is just win baby.
Back to top Go down
titans93

PostSubject: Re: Collins the starter!   Collins the starter! EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 10:46 pm

Yeah that's apparantly what he did, but let's try to keep the Al Davis quotes to a minimum
Back to top Go down
TitansFan

PostSubject: Re: Collins the starter!   Collins the starter! EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 5:55 pm

Between adding Collins and now Tullochs to the starting lineup, I sense that Fisher sees a golden opportunity for us to make a serious push this year. With Brady and a few other key AFC players out, this could be a great year for the Titans if we can stay healthy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collins the starter!   Collins the starter! Empty

Back to top Go down

Collins the starter!
Page 1 of 1