Titans Radio Fanzone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TitansRadio.Com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Draft Coverage

Go down 
+9
Majndat
dlrams
ewoo
Titanpride
lcl2121
titans66pens
duckhead13
jgozzard80
brianmaxwell
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
brianmaxwell

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Draft Coverage   Draft Coverage EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 6:43 pm

The draft is only hours away. Don't forget to send your questions to Mike and Frank all weekend. I will be listening to the Titans Radio draft show on 104.5 The Zone in Nashville. They will have the only coverage that gives you a real idea of what the Titans are thinking and doing during the whole process.

I will be giving my 2 cents until 4:00 pm in this forum.

Last edited by brianmaxwell on Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Coverage   Draft Coverage EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 1:06 pm

Reports are out that say St. Louis will take Chris Long with the #2 selection.
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Coverage   Draft Coverage EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 3:17 pm

Look like Matt Ryan at #3. He is kissing his mom.
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Coverage   Draft Coverage EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 3:55 pm

Jacksonvilles D-Line is about to get even stronger when they take Harvey. Gave up 2 3rd round and a 4th round to move up to number 8.
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Coverage   Draft Coverage EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 4:11 pm

New England just made the best pick of the day. I can't stand it being the Pats but congratulations to Jerod Mayo.

We should start seeing the cornerbacks coming off the board now.
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Coverage   Draft Coverage EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 4:41 pm

Whoever is the Bears QB this season should be on the phone right now thanking his GM.

Congrats to Chris Williams.
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Coverage   Draft Coverage EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 4:43 pm

Felix Jones, Limas Sweed, Domonique Rogers-Cromartie, Aqib Talib, Kentwan Balmer.

These are the players to look at as this thing gets closer to the Titans.

The Cardinals will probably select one of these players next but I hope they take Rashard Mendenhall.
Back to top Go down
jgozzard80

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Draft   Draft Coverage EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 8:30 pm

Is anybody else out there as shocked as I am that we did not take a WR. I know there where no huge standouts this year at the position, but how long will we go untill we make a valid effort to get playmakers at the wideout position. This just fortifies my opinion that the front office is more concerned with VY's ability than the current WRs we have on our roster. If that is the case, they should stop knocking the WRs publicly and put the blame on Vince. I just don't understand. The Titans organization has critized our receivers for dropping balls, yet they have done nothing to improve the situation. I hope I'm wrong, but this has been the most disapointing first 2 rounds in a long time for me. I don't see any threats at WR in the late rounds. Again, I hope I'm wrong. Remember, VY will be learning a new offense this year. He has not shown the ability to pick up the gameplan and run an offense effectively. Right after the season was over Veteren Kevin Mawae called out VY. That has to show you something.
Back to top Go down
duckhead13

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Draft Day   Draft Coverage EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 11:47 pm

I like the picks today. I feel the receivers are still out there and that area will be addressed tomorrow in the other picks. As fans, we need to be patient and realize that receivers take time to develop and very few have been drafted in the NFL in the first round and make a sudden impact. I believe the addition of Crumpler will really help Vince this year.
Back to top Go down
jgozzard80

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Draft day   Draft Coverage EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 12:31 am

Dwayne Bowe 70 catches 995 yds 5 tds
Calvin Johnson 48 catches 756 yds 4 tds (15 games)
Santonio Holmes 52 catches 842 yds 8 tds (13 games)
Braylon Edwards 80 catches 1289 yds 16 tds
Roddy White 83 catches 1202 yds 6 tds
Larry Fitzgerald 100 catches 1409 yds 10 tds
Roy Williams 63 catches 836 yds 5 tds (12 games)
Reggie Williams 38 catches 629 yds 10 tds (15 games)
Lee Evans 55 catches 849 yds 5 tds
Michael Jenkins 53 catches 532 yds 4 tds

Recent first round WRs (last years stats)
The list goes on. I don't think there is a shortage of star receivers that have gone in the first round. We're not talking about QBs.
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Coverage   Draft Coverage EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 11:41 am

wide out is just as unpredictable as the QB position. For every Larry Fitzgerald you get a Charles Rogers. Don't forget Steve Smith and that Colston cat from New Orleans. They were going to take Sweed until the Steelers grabbed him one pick earlier. I surely thought we would trade back up into the top of the second for the receiver but I think day one was average. We didn't lose but we didn't win either.

It is obvious that the offense will not rely strongly on Vince Young. They are establishing offensive line, speed at running back so the defenses can't just focus on Lendale style of running, and the great blocking TE we picked up this morning. I have been saying for months now, get ready to see some Fisherball like you saw with Eddie George.
Back to top Go down
jgozzard80

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Draft   Draft Coverage EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 11:58 am

I would have liked to grab Early Doucet
Back to top Go down
jgozzard80

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Draft   Draft Coverage EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 12:13 pm

3 out of our first 4 players came from : East Carolina - Eastern Michigan- Winston-Salem State

Welcome to the NFL
I hope we get lucky!
Back to top Go down
titans66pens

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Draft   Draft Coverage EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 12:27 pm

ESPN is making fun of the Titans pick at 103 saying the NFL did not even have him on the list of potential drafted players. On the bright side he was on Mel Kipers list, but he even said he thought it was more likely he would be signed as an undrafted free agent. Sounds to me like the Titans made a real reach here and wasted a draft pick. I think the Packers (at 102) took the DE the Titans really wanted.

Personally, I am not too happy with the Titans picks thus far, but you never know. If I am Vince Young I am very worried about the upcoming season.
Back to top Go down
lcl2121

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: draft day   Draft Coverage EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 12:34 pm

is it just me, or does it look like the titans dosent have a clue what they are doing? our biggest need was WR and they have done NOTHING so far in free agent or the draft. vince needs some playmakers around him to make this offense work.the WRS we have are not the answers.
Back to top Go down
Titanpride

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Coverage   Draft Coverage EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 1:54 pm

With the exception of the Hawkins pick, one word describes the Titans' draft... " Reach ". It's clear they're drafting speed, but speed doesn't always mean you can play at the NFL level. I've questioned the Titans' scouting department over the last couple of years and will continue to. The Johnson pick was as frustrating to watch as the Henry pick last year in the second.
Back to top Go down
duckhead13

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: draft day   Draft Coverage EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 1:58 pm

I'm not sure what everyone is expecting from the Titans. This has never been nor will ever be a passing team to the extent they spread the field with well known receivers and throw the ball down the field. Fisher is very conservative. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't name one WR present nor past that was a big name player in the NFL. This offense comprises a 3 to 4 yard rush per carry, a few throws to the TE and maybe a play down the field to keep the defense honest and if we're lucky Vince will take off down the field. This just seems the pattern for me since I've been watching the Titans.
Back to top Go down
ewoo

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: blake out of tcu   Draft Coverage EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 4:38 pm

Take blake out of tcu for the 7th round pick to make the draft
Back to top Go down
dlrams

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: draft   Draft Coverage EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 6:50 pm

So much for getting VY some help at WR. I hope that the Titans have a plan before the season starts. If I am VY , I am a bit worried. I am very disappointed with the draft picks of this year.
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Coverage   Draft Coverage EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 7:12 pm

The response I am getting across the board from family, friends and other fans is that this is the worst draft since the team came to Nashville.

Last edited by brianmaxwell on Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Coverage   Draft Coverage EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 7:23 pm

D+ on this draft. More details in my report this week.
Back to top Go down
jgozzard80

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Draft   Draft Coverage EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 7:30 pm

The bad part is that we traded up to get the guy nobody knows about at 103. That puts a lot of pressure on him and the front office to produce and do it early! Also, about a previous comment, Vince Young needs to worry about himself. Everybody acts like Young is this superstar quarterback that has all this talent that he can't use because he doesn't have anybody to throw the ball to. Yes, we don't have a star receiver, but we can't even sustain an offensive drive. There are bigger issues. Vince Young is a great athlete with a desire to win, but he has a tremendous amount of growing and learning to do. When Young learns to make better decisions, control what is going on in the huddle, read defenses, and audible at the line, then the Titans will improve as an offense. The receivers are going to make catches.
Back to top Go down
jgozzard80

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Draft coverage   Draft Coverage EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 7:31 pm

Brian I have to agree with a D, D+
Back to top Go down
jgozzard80

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Duckhead   Draft Coverage EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 7:35 pm

Did you forget about Mason? He didn't get a lot of publicity, but he has been one of the most consistent recievers in the league of the last 7 years. Look up his stats. Especially receptions.

If you can't pass the ball downfield in the NFL you will not win championships-pure and simple.
Back to top Go down
Titanpride

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Coverage   Draft Coverage EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 9:56 pm

The frustrating thing about drafting Johnson in the first round was we used our first round pick on a third down back... I cant understand the value there. If your using your firstround pick on a running back, he needs to be a everydown back. What makes it worst... Johnson was the Titans' third choice, behind felix Jones and Mendenhall... they should have traded out of the first round. White in the second, Henry in the second and Johnson in the first... I feel like Detroit with there Wide-receiver in the first every year because they couldn't get it right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Draft Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Coverage   Draft Coverage Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft Coverage
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next