Titans Radio Fanzone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TitansRadio.Com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can the Titans defense actually be better?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TItansRocket009

Can the Titans defense actually be better? Empty
PostSubject: Can the Titans defense actually be better?   Can the Titans defense actually be better? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 7:35 pm

The Titans lost Antwan Odom and Travis Laboy due to free agency. However, with the addition of Jevon Kearse, can this defense actually be better in 08' than in 07'. Yes, Kearse may have lost a step and may not be able to complete all 16 games, but Kearse at 50% is better than most defensive ends at 100%. Keep in mind offenses are going to scheme to keep Vanden Bosch and Haynesworth from being disruptive. Therefore, Kearse with be able to beat his man one-on-one to get to the quarterback. With the maturity of Michael Griffin and Cortland Finnegan, the 08' Titans defense can actually be better than 07's.
Back to top Go down
titans93

PostSubject: Re: Can the Titans defense actually be better?   Can the Titans defense actually be better? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 10:39 pm

ABSOLUTELY! I think the defense can and will be better in 08. I don't think you're going to see the Jevon Kearse you've seen in Philly, he may not be as young as he once was, but back in a Titans uniform - you're going to see the return of THE FREAK! The development of Michael Griffin, Ryan Fowler, Stephen Tulloch - they will all be better this year than last. And Cortland Finnigan - I can't say enough about this kid, at this point he is a better cover corner than Pacman ever was. I loved to watch Pac return kicks, he was electrifying, but as a corner, he was a liability. Finnegan is getting better and better, and I beleive over the next few years he will blossom into one of the best in the NFL. Look for him in Hawaii around Feb. 2010 or 2011. What a steal in the 7th round out of Samford - great job by the Scouting dept. Barring major injuries, I believe the #5 defense in 07 could be the #1 defense in 08.
Back to top Go down
jgozzard80

PostSubject: D   Can the Titans defense actually be better? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 10:53 pm

The crippling factor for our defense is the offense. We will never have a #1 defense if our offense can't sustain drives.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can the Titans defense actually be better?   Can the Titans defense actually be better? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can the Titans defense actually be better?
Page 1 of 1