Titans Radio Fanzone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TitansRadio.Com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET?

Go down 
+8
Oilers2Titans77
TitansFan
brianmaxwell
coleadbe
LLeas75750
Titanpride
tennesseetitanlover
OldTitanFan
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OldTitanFan

WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? Empty
PostSubject: WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET?   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 7:12 pm

I just have been listening to who teams are cutting all around the league on ESPN Radio. Can you believe the Rams cut Issac Bruce? Who would you guys like to see the Titans get? FYI, "The Freak"(Jevon Kearse) got cut from the Eagles, too!

Last edited by OldTitanFan on Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tennesseetitanlover

PostSubject: Re: WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET?   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 10:38 pm

well, kearse, albert, and KVB would be pretty nice to see. Idk about bruce though. at WR maybe Stallworth, Gaffeny, Stokley, Andre Davis, Jerome Mathis, or someone like that because i think moss will not come here. Crumpler at TE would be nice. With Chris B. on the market, Michael Turner, Julius Jones, M. Barber, Fred Taylor. With the returner, who name will not be spoken, getting in trouble we need another one. With Hentrich thinking bout retirement, i think a Colquitt would be good.
If u can think of any others, or some you dont like, tell me.
Back to top Go down
Titanpride

PostSubject: Re: WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET?   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptyFri Feb 29, 2008 8:06 pm

Michael Turner, Bernard Berrian and Bryant Johnson. That being said... The Titans' are notoriously slow in free-agency. It worked out well last year, but that " wait and see " mentality this year will be hard to denfend to fans when they have the money to spend. They're looking for that 4th year player that was under the radar at their position, add quality without over paying.
Back to top Go down
OldTitanFan

PostSubject: Re: WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET?   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 1:49 pm

Well, the Titans being slow at free agency has become one helluva bad habit! They need to stop screwing around and get VY some help on the receiving corps! Ex-Bronco Jevon Walker is a free agent, so is former Titan Justin McCareins. If they think can just resign Gage and use some other receivers to "just get by" , that will come back to bite them in the ass......AGAIN!! Don't wait until all the good ones are gone, THEN make a decision on who's left! That's not being smart, that's just being CHEAP!!!
Back to top Go down
LLeas75750

PostSubject: Introduction and opinions   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 2:19 pm

Hi fellow Titan fans.
Newbie from Nashville here,
wanted to speak my mind on the current free agency period going on here.
I feel that the Titans should grab up on TE Crumpler ASAP, and then work on signing the rest of the Titans "D" free agents.
A defense can win games even if the offense is mediocre, and The "FREAK" would be a nice addition back in the music city.

The Titans can address a good WR in the draft, and I also feel that Bironas should be signed as well.
I have recorded every game since the "Music City Miracle" on tape, and have gone to as many games as my pocketbook allows. ( but none in 07) Sad
I have decorated my living room in Titans Blue, complete with an original "Doug Hess" painting of the Music City Miracle"
I correctly predicted a 10 win season last year despite all my "friends" ragging on me.
I am a Big VY fan, and feel that he will develope into a top notch QB under Heimerdinger.
I feel that was a class move to bring himn back to Nashville.

Hey Cole.....
Just wondering if the Wonderlic score VY had really was an "8", and if he is so dumb, then why is he making BooKoo bucks for playing a game?

seems to me that he has made the most of his oppertunity to succeed in life.

dont sound so dumb to me.

Rock on Ya'll.
Back to top Go down
coleadbe

PostSubject: What are the Titans doing?   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 8:05 pm

The Titans need to do something quick or else they may miss the playoffs. The whole idea of waiting and not overpaying sounds good, but doing nothing while all the playmakers, which we need, are being taken away. Mike Reinfeldt needs to look around and realize that he needs to readjust his policy because it isn't working. Does he want to get fired, because that what it seems like he is trying to do. NOTE TO MR. REINFELDT: HURRY UP BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE AND WE ALL GIVE UP ON YOU!
Back to top Go down
Titanpride

PostSubject: Re: WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET?   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 8:51 pm

LLeas75750 wrote:
Hey Cole.....
Just wondering if the Wonderlic score VY had really was an "8", and if he is so dumb, then why is he making BooKoo bucks for playing a game?.
He actually scored a " 6 ". Then his agent got him some help, he took it again and scored a " 15 ". Honestly, I don't know what is worst... scoring a 6, or actually being taught how to take the Wonderlic test and only scoring a 15.
Back to top Go down
OldTitanFan

PostSubject: Re: WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET?   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 10:37 pm

coleadbe wrote:
The Titans need to do something quick or else they may miss the playoffs. The whole idea of waiting and not overpaying sounds good, but doing nothing while all the playmakers, which we need, are being taken away. Mike Reinfeldt needs to look around and realize that he needs to readjust his policy because it isn't working. Does he want to get fired, because that what it seems like he is trying to do. NOTE TO MR. REINFELDT: HURRY UP BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE AND WE ALL GIVE UP ON YOU!

Well, well, wonders never cease! Take a bow, Mr. Reinfeldt! The Titans now have big time TE Alge Crumpler, the former Falcon.Way to execute, but don't stop there, we still need some quality wide outs, too!
Back to top Go down
OldTitanFan

PostSubject: Re: WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET?   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 10:37 am

OK Gang, The Titans are going to be negotiating with THE FREAK-JEVON KEARSE!!! Keep your fingers crossed!!
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: What is all the excitement?   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 11:30 am

Whats up guys. Why does everyone seem so jovial? "The Freak" who I recall spending a lot of time on the warm up bike during games while he was a Titan, only played in 2 games last season and is nowhere near the player he used to be. He is definitely not going to replace LaBoy and Odoms production single handed. He is not a free agent, he was cut because he cant stay healthy enough to play.

I do share in your happiness a little for the signing of Crumpler, but everyones idea that because he played well with Michael Vick, he will play well with Vince Young doesn't fly with me. Just because they both scramble doesnt mean the chemistry with be the same with both players. Crumpler has a lot of miles on those tires. David Givens comes to my mind for some reason.

While I am still not over the fact that we more than likely didn't even sniff at Asante Samuel, him signing with the Eagles gives us a chance at Lito Shepard in a trade. I have heard some crazy whispers about a Pacman package to the bengals for Chad Johnson, but that seems as silly as Favre retiring from the Packers. Hrmmmm.

I think we have taken one step in the right direction, but we got miles to go until I can truly feel good about next season.

GO TITANS!

12th Man Reports go up every Thursday, so you guys let me know what you want to see. We have sat idle as fans too long and it is now time to take the Philly and New York approach to the off-season. Let's start letting them know what is really on our minds. If the orginazation is doing great, let's tell them, but if they are stinking it up with decisions, we need to let them know that too.

Brian
Back to top Go down
TitansFan

PostSubject: Re: WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET?   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 5:14 pm

Well, we got Jevon!

I'm excited about Crumpler; he has the potential to be for Young what Wycheck was for McNair. What they need the most is time together to develop their chemistry and with Heimerdinger to get their heads on the same page in the playbook.
Back to top Go down
Titanpride

PostSubject: Re: WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET?   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 9:28 pm

Kearse was a signing of value. I like the signing because it adds a familar need and didn't cost us a lot of money. It also adds a little excitement from olden days. Now if we can add McCareins along with some quality fourth year players with potential... It would be a solid off-season.
Back to top Go down
coleadbe

PostSubject: Going back to the glory days...   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 10:17 pm

I'm liking the old school signings. With The Freak back, we drastically improved our top five defense, and if we get McCareins, Vince could have a vetern playmaker. Coach Dinger will also help the struggling offense. No offense to Norm Chow, but he belongs in the college game. Now only if Eddie George will come out of retirement...he he
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: are you kidding me?   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 12:13 pm

Jevon Kearse only played in two games last season. TWO! we lost half of our d-line. the staple of our entire team diminished and you guys are saying that our defense is somehow better. I'm with "Big Al" on this one. We have to do a lot more to make this a successful off season.
Back to top Go down
Oilers2Titans77

PostSubject: 12th Man seems ill-informed   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 5:12 pm

The only starter on the DL that wasn’t resigned was Antwan Odom and he isn’t worth the dollars the Bengals threw at him. He too is often injured
Travis LaBoy is a good situational player not a starter and Rand Starks backed up Tony Brown and Big Al.
Jevon Kearse played in 14 games last season but was injured. He will not replace three young situational players all by himself but he will replace LaBoy.
Haynesworth should take a serious look at what’s available. The good teams don’t reach to revamp their teams like many are doing now. Last years pick-ups were quite solid.
Fanzone rebellion? I want the Titans to sign good players not reach for over hyped ones.
Did you want to pay Asante Samuel? You got to be kidding me; it’s probably gonna be the 2008 version of Nate Clemens. Why aren’t we not doing everything possible to trade for Lito Shepard because we are in pretty good shape at corner right now and Sheppard isn’t a clear upgrade for the Titans.
1) The priority should be signing either Bryant Johnson or DJ Hackett
2) I think Josh Thomas would be a solid signing as well
3) Sign Julius Jones or Warrick Dunn
4) Offer solid long-term deals to David Stewart, Roos, Loper, and Haynesworth
5) Ensure you only sign Haynesworth to be a DT and not a GM
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: i disagree   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 3:52 pm

i respectfully have to disagree. we are set at corner? are you serious? and to answer your question, yes I would have paid Asante Samuel. I have said that twice now. I don't look at it as "throwing money" at players. As I already said, players are getting paid more these days. There is a reason the salary cap has to go up all the time. PLAYERS GET PAID MORE. next time you go to the gas station, tell them you don't just "throw" money around and you would like the same gas prices from five years ago. face it man, if you want a top tier free agent, you have to pay them. That is why it is there, to make sure players salaries go up every year. I'm not sure comparing Asante Samuel to a good Eagles team to Nate Clemens on a horrible San Francisco team makes much sense either. I'm glad everyone is on the Jevon Kearse bandwagon, but i am not sold.

If it makes you feel any better, I said the same thing when we signed a draft bust with bad knees named Kyle Vanden Bosch. The sad reality is that I am not always right. I hope it works like you guys see it, but it seems like the blinders are on to me.

Thanks for responding. Keep them coming!
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: forgot to mention   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 4:02 pm

I also forgot to saythat I did agree with some of what you had in there. didn't want you to think I was just trying to beat up on you. We should be looking to sign long term deals with Stewart, Roos, Loper, and Haynesworth. I don't think that Bryant Johnson or DJ Hackett will help in a big way, could be wrong but just my feeling, so I don't see that as our top priority. Larry Fitzgerald is looking pretty sweet right now, but he gets a lot of money "thrown" at him, so its best if he goes somewhere else I guess. Now I'm just trying to beat up on you again. I guess all I am trying to say is if they aren't going to spend the money that sits in the salary cap, they should be giving out free beer and hot dogs because the price of my ticket isn't going down any by them saving a buck.
Back to top Go down
djones51

PostSubject: My Opinion   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 1:45 am

Well, for what it counts, this is my 2 cents on the free agent signings. I honestly dont see any difference in the signings this year and past years. I actually think the Titans have made progress this year. I think signing Crumpler was the best thing the Titans could have done to help Vince mature more quickly. And Kearse may end up being a bust like David Givens was 2 years ago but at least he fills the position and he is very talented when he is healthy. I dont know much about Scott but in my opinion he has to be better than Bell, who I have always thought was over-rated. Other than the signings, the Titans need to figure out what they are going to do with Pacman. He made it very clear on the Atlanta Radio show that he didnt want to be here, so I say trade him and get all you can out of the situation.
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: Great Free Agent Pick Up   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 11:14 am

YES! The Titans have finally signed a player that I feel 100% will make our team better. Jacob Bell was a good player but he is nowhere near the caliber player Jake Scott is.

The only problem now lies in Benji Olsons retirement decision. If Olson retires then Scott will have to move to left gaurd. Im sure he can handle it but the transition is not an easy one. If Olson plays one more year then Scott will line up at his natural position at right gaurd.

Peyton Manning gets to be Peyton Manning because he has time to throw the ball. Now Vince Young will have more time to decide if he should throw or tuck the ball and run. Jake Scott stays healthy and plays hard.

Great sign Mr. Reinfeldt but please don't stop now. Keep the smiles coming.
Back to top Go down
WoolfolksUncle

PostSubject: Career Not Done   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 12:55 pm

I know one Free Agent I am so happy the Titans didn't show any more interest in....... but the GangGreen did....
See you folks at the Titans/Jets Game and next time.... don't be so quick to write a eulogy to a career.
Andre Woolfolk.... A totally class act, unlike Pacman, unlike Lendale (terrible arrogant attitude in person), unlike a lot of you fans in Titansville. He will say nothing but good things about the Titans in a sincere and thankful manner. Me on the other hand, I have to say Goodbye and Good Riddens.... You can find me at theganggreen if you wish to privately chat .....BP..... you are still the man, Smackmaster of the Universe.... affraid bom

OK MODERATOR...... BAN ME........ BYE BYE.....
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: too much free time   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 3:10 pm

could you not find a Jets website to dump that garbage. Calvin Pace and Damien Woody were really good moves too. you are a moron.
Back to top Go down
WoolfolksUncle

PostSubject: Re: WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET?   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 5:13 am

Ohhhh are you upset.... too bad. I spent four years onTitans boards.... The first two years, most of you loved Andre and a few didn't... Fans are just that Fanatics, meaning they will turn in a moment. A lot of people were making jokes when Andre was released, saying things like, they saw him at Car Washes, etc... First of all, way too intelligent and business minded for that. Secondly, he said from the beginning he wasn't done... Some of you laughed... Now when he picks off Vince in the scheduled Jets/Titans game.... You'll have to deal with me coming back making big babies like yourself whine.... whaaa... go to the jets boards.... I am already there, peacefully, no disputes or grumblings.... why would I discuss this stuff there..... No reason at all unless a few of you come that way.... which would be a waste of your time...... As for me, I always said he would get picked up somewhere and warned I would return.... He did... and I did.... so get over it.... Uh oh, here come all the people that know me..... What... Say what you will, it bears no weight.... NONE jocolor geek lol!
Back to top Go down
djones51

PostSubject: Seriously?   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 6:32 am

Give me a break. Of course Woolfolk isnt done, i mean you can't be done if you never start. He has to be the biggest draft bust in Titans history, and you say your so much better in New York? When is the last time the Jets done anything that's worth writing about? (And no, being the ones that caught the Patriots cheating dont count) And yes he may intercept Vince, but at least Vince can take a real hit and not be out for the next 8 games. Just face it, if Woolfolk was really that good, wouldn't people have actually heard he was released?? So when you have something good to write about, instead of a washed up player that is still trying to play for Oklahoma. But in all reality, im not going to set here and run-down somebody that plays in the NFL. I have the up-most respect for every player in the game, they have the talent that most people dream of. Andre was a good player when he was drafted by TN but he has been plagued by injuries. So I wish Andre nothing but the best in NY, but i think they made it obvious last year that the Jets need ALOT more than Woolfolk to improve.
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: 12 year old discussion   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 12:58 pm

you sound like l little kid. grow up buddy.
Back to top Go down
WoolfolksUncle

PostSubject: Re: WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET?   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 7:23 pm

brianmaxwell wrote:
you sound like l little kid. grow up buddy.

Wrong... I sound like someone that plucked your nerves. That was my purpose and I succeeded, therefore, you grow up and stop being so sensitive. The NFL is a mans game, not childs play....ohhh, stop your irritating me and so forth. Simply Man Up as Mike and Mike would say...Quit being a message board whiner. Whew.. That felt good, you should try it, instead of your whimpering act. No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET?   WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET? Empty

Back to top Go down

WHAT FREE AGENT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE TITANS GET?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next