Titans Radio Fanzone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TitansRadio.Com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Titans schedule

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
truckerfan

Titans schedule Empty
PostSubject: Titans schedule   Titans schedule EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 5:13 pm

Well, I disagreed with Brian last week...I gotta send some support on this week's topic. I proudly wear a #10 jersey on Sunday's, but this year, and especially the first 5 games, is make-or-break time for VY. Don't misunderstand...Vince doesn't have to throw for 300 yards per game, or rush for 150...he just needs to prove he can manage the game adequately, and perform as needed to consistently steer his team toward winning ballgames. I'm hoping like Brian that we head into week 6 with a 4-1 record...I'd probably lean toward 3-2, but I'm hoping Brian is correct!!
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

Titans schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titans schedule   Titans schedule EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 2:41 pm

I actually had some people get really upset about the column last week and while I unsterstand they disagree with me, it should be known that I am in the opinion business and if everyone agreed with me than I probably wouldn't be doing a very good job at it. Trucker had a great argument and I appreciate the tastefulness with which it was written.

I got a message from a guy that said "You are stupid. Tickets can be sold for whatever you want. You should be poor for the rest of your life for being such a stupid idiot." I thought that was pretty funny.

On an actual sports note, If the Titans win a game by more than two touchdowns this year I would be surprised. That lovely brand of Jeff Fisher football will keep us on the edge of our seats from whistle to whistle like it always does. There is a reason Bironas is a Pro Bowl kicker. We need him to kick 55 yarders to win the game every week. The difference in a 4-1 or 2-3 start could be two or three total points.
Back to top Go down
truckerfan

Titans schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titans schedule   Titans schedule EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 6:06 pm

Agreed on the 4-1 vs 2-3 comparison. I'm one of those (like you) who have lived with that brand of football since day 1...really since before day 1, sitting over at Vandy stadium agonizing thru that 8-8 season before the stadium was complete. Thru all the on-the-field and coaching personnel changes, one thing remains constant...Fisherball is Fisherball. I've learned to accept it, and to live with it. While we'll seldom win by large margins, people also sometimes fail to recognize that we'll win some games we have no business winning...outmanned, outgunned, etc., but still able to keep it close enough to have a shot at the end. Frustrating to us as fans, but better than being like last year's Dolphins, or every years' Cardinal teams...twice as many losses as wins in any given year.

Also, love the 'you are stupid' comment...that's classic!

Keep up the good work...pretty cool gig you seem to have on here.
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

Titans schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titans schedule   Titans schedule EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 6:34 pm

Fisher has been bringing a knife to a gun fight for years now and somehow keeps winning. I remember people barking for him to be fired over the last two years and I am positive if he was let go that 5 teams would have gladly fired the guy they had in place even with multiple years on the contract just to bring Fisher in. He has to be in your top 3 in the coaching ranks.

I heard that he was in the Will Call line for the Predators game 3. Can we get the Coach some tickets without waiting in line please?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Titans schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titans schedule   Titans schedule Empty

Back to top Go down

Titans schedule
Page 1 of 1