Titans Radio Fanzone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TitansRadio.Com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Titans Offense

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jgozzard80

Titans Offense Empty
PostSubject: Titans Offense   Titans Offense EmptySun Oct 14, 2007 9:13 pm

I'm as big a fan as any, but lets face it, the offense is horrible. And let's also be realistic. How good is VY really? Yes he gives us a chance to win, but how many times have we been in position to dominate teams (with this years defense) and VY throws terrible passes or interceptions. QBs like Derek Anderson or Jason Campbell have looked stellar compared to Young.
I've also grown tired of hearing about how Young doesn't have anybody to throw the ball to. BS. You could probably add all the dropped passes of the Titans WRs, and they wouldn't equal T.O.'s But yet he is a top 5 reciever?? They always have to make great adjustments or spectacular plays, just to get their hands on the ball. VY seems to have trouble finding the open guy. I know it's only his second year, but the media has blown Young up to be a god, and he is not.
Hats off to our defense. I think that we saw today, how our secondary can be vulnerable when we don't get to the QB. I think Nick Harper's play has been much less than expected so far.
Back to top Go down
Titanpride

Titans Offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titans Offense   Titans Offense EmptyMon Oct 15, 2007 7:50 pm

I agree with what your saying....and now that the honey-moon is over, people are realizing that Young was all hype in college and his talent wouldn't translate to the NFL. He'll have a good game here and there, but as far as being consistent...not going to happen. Everyone talks about how it's only his second year... you don't have to be in the NFL for 5 years to be accurate and throw the most basic pass... he's been throwing the football his whole life, whether it was in Pop-Warner, High school, College or the Pros'. We have a first rate defense with a 3rd rate offense. We can't run the ball because teams know that Young will take us out of the passing game all on his own.
Back to top Go down
jgozzard80

Titans Offense Empty
PostSubject: Young   Titans Offense EmptyMon Oct 15, 2007 10:16 pm

I'm glad to see that someone else feels the same way! I wonder what Chow sees when he watches the film. I'm out of state now, but last year I went to all the games, and I could see recievers open downfield and Young just couldn't progress through them and find the open guy. Then ,like you said, he misses the basic pass. We play "ugly" football. Untill our offense starts putting together sustained drives, and looks like an NFL offense, the Titans will not be true contenders.
Back to top Go down
Titanpride

Titans Offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titans Offense   Titans Offense EmptyMon Oct 15, 2007 11:40 pm

I was adamant about not drafting Young. Now that we have... We need to seriously pull Ingle Martin off the practice squad and put him on the active 53 man roster. I love how Young represents himself, I'm sure he's a great guy, but we will struggle offensively for the next 10 years because the most basic passing game foundation will not be there and these gimmick formation will have to be continually run... which will get you on ESPN, but wont win games consistently.
Back to top Go down
jgozzard80

Titans Offense Empty
PostSubject: Young   Titans Offense EmptyTue Oct 16, 2007 6:09 pm

I'm not saying to completely write Young off. There is always a possibility that he can be a solid QB. I couldn't believe however, that I was kind of ancy to see Collins come in against TB. I know it sounds crazy, but I thought he might come in and complete some passes and move the ball. The Titans believe in Young, and I'll stick with him for a couple more years, but the media has to quit! If you want to crown him, crown him! But right know, He is who I thought he is. I'm sure that somebody is going to see this conversation and pipe up with some stats about how the Titans have won blah blah blah, and they've done this and that with Young. They should be talking about people like Bulluck, Van den Bosch, and Haynesworth. I'm not sold on Lendale White's gut, or his 5.5 speed either.

Question: Better odds: Winning the lottery, or Young passing for 300 yards in a game?
Back to top Go down
Titanpride

Titans Offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titans Offense   Titans Offense EmptyTue Oct 16, 2007 7:08 pm

Maybe there's something behind the scenes I don't know about, but Chris Brown should start and play the entire game. People are going to say he's injured... which hasn't been the case in all the games, but he was the same way in college and we knew what we were getting when we drafted him. I love the latest ranking... Young ranked 40th in passing yards... the funny thing is there's only 32 teams.
Back to top Go down
jgozzard80

Titans Offense Empty
PostSubject: Young   Titans Offense EmptyTue Oct 16, 2007 11:47 pm

Young must be behind the likes of Kyle Boller, Matt Cassel, or Cleo Lemon. I think that Chris Brown is averaging 5.7 yds a carry. He also gives us the opportunity to break the big run. He has shown (his 1st yr) that when healthly, he can do that on this level. Most NFL teams use their big play guy as their starter, and their bruiser as a goal line guy....Not the Titans. I don't mean to sound like a complainer--I feel better about the Titans this year than I have in a long time, but their are some serious offensive woes on this team.

I like Young's confidence, and ethusiasm, but maybe he shouldn't stay in the pocket as much. Maybe he needs to scramble to be successful. The bad thing about it is that it never works. Like you said, it's good for ESPN, but not for the playoffs. The only guy that's done it successfully was Steve Young, who was also a precision passer.
Back to top Go down
Titanpride

Titans Offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titans Offense   Titans Offense EmptyWed Oct 17, 2007 12:08 am

I'm really hoping Ingle Martin gets activated and sees quality game time. there's a lot that goes into, but I think we have a QB that is going to surprise people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Titans Offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titans Offense   Titans Offense Empty

Back to top Go down

Titans Offense
Page 1 of 1