Titans Radio Fanzone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TitansRadio.Com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do the Titans really need a #1 receiver?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TItansRocket009

Do the Titans really need a #1 receiver? Empty
PostSubject: Do the Titans really need a #1 receiver?   Do the Titans really need a #1 receiver? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:18 pm

When Steve McNair led the Titans to the Super Bowl, did he have a #1 wide receiver to throw to? No, McNair spread the ball around to a group of wide receivers and a great tight end in Frank Wycheck. Vince Young is in the same situation. Young has a group of wide receivers who, inconsistent at times, can stretch the field. He also has a security blanket in Alge Crumpler who is a veteran and a four-time pro bowler. Let's be honest, the Titans are not going to be an offensive machine. Young just has to make enough plays to get the ball in the end zone and depend on his running game and his defense to win ball games. McNair followed this formula and succeeded and so can Young.
Back to top Go down
titans93

PostSubject: Re: Do the Titans really need a #1 receiver?   Do the Titans really need a #1 receiver? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 9:21 pm

That may be true, but in a league where the average margin of victory is 3 points, a turn over can usually decide the outcome. How comfortable does a qb with a 9 to 18 td to int ratio make any of us feel?
Back to top Go down
Titanpride

PostSubject: Re: Do the Titans really need a #1 receiver?   Do the Titans really need a #1 receiver? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 2:39 am

Mcnair had D.Mason who was a legit #1 at one point... that being said, it doesn't matter who we have at Wide-receiver with the way Young throws the ball.
Back to top Go down
OldTitanFan

PostSubject: Re: Do the Titans really need a #1 receiver?   Do the Titans really need a #1 receiver? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 5:04 am

There are big-time concerns about his accuracy, I wonder if Heimerdinger would consider having Steve work with VY on his accuracy since he's always looked up to him. I want to see what he does against the Packers, too.
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: Re: Do the Titans really need a #1 receiver?   Do the Titans really need a #1 receiver? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 11:21 am

I think if VY needs to get knocked down a peg. The organization puts him on a pedestal and he does not deserve it. I hope he does great this year because if he doesn't play well we won't make the playoffs but I just don't know if he can put this team on his back and carry them to the promise land.
Back to top Go down
Titanpride

PostSubject: Re: Do the Titans really need a #1 receiver?   Do the Titans really need a #1 receiver? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 8:20 pm

OldTitanFan wrote:
There are big-time concerns about his accuracy, I wonder if Heimerdinger would consider having Steve work with VY on his accuracy since he's always looked up to him. I want to see what he does against the Packers, too.

The problem is McNair wasn't that accurate... he was a lot better than Young, but he struggled with the deep ball. Dinger did help him and use his strengths, but Young is on a whole diffent level when it comes to his accuracy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do the Titans really need a #1 receiver?   Do the Titans really need a #1 receiver? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do the Titans really need a #1 receiver?
Page 1 of 1