Titans Radio Fanzone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TitansRadio.Com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ESPN...First Take

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Titanfan4ever

ESPN...First Take Empty
PostSubject: ESPN...First Take   ESPN...First Take EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 12:09 pm

I was watching First Take on ESPN this morning and overheard Skip and those other guys saying that Vince should have been leading the team against the Ravens. They said Collins was ineffective against the Ravens "bonafide" Defense and that Vince would have made plays with his legs. Where have they been all year! The first thing that would have happened is a Ray Lewis Atomic Bomb hit on Vince and he's out for the season! Not to mention the fact that the Ravens are experts at disguising their looks and would have confused Young in a New York Minute. The only way this game was going to be won was with quick strikes over the pass rush. I guess Jacksonville and Minnesota weren't "bonafide Defenses" according to them but in the next breath they talked about how tough the Vikings D was against the Saints last night. This team believes in Collins and the man chipped away at the Ravens Til we got the Win, end of story! Give me a break you overpaid, so called, sports analyst. Use your common sense every once in awhile. Changing the subject, I just saw where the Chiefs will be starting Brodie Croyle against us next week. He was good in college, but I haven't seen what he can do in the NFL. How good is he?......GO TITANS!
Back to top Go down
jgozzard80

ESPN...First Take Empty
PostSubject: ESPN...First Take   ESPN...First Take EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 7:12 pm

Obviously those reporters haven't been watching the same offense I've been watching over the last 2 years. I've talked about before how the media hailed Young as being the reason the Titans were winning games, and how he put us in losing positions in the first place. Collins has done a great job for us so far. I can't stand Skip.

As for Croyle, he has played a few times and has shown some flashes, but for the most part he has been horrible.
Back to top Go down
titans93

ESPN...First Take Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESPN...First Take   ESPN...First Take EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 12:03 am

Yeah, those are the same guys who jumped on the wagon to replace Vince and stick with Collins, but now they need something new to talk about. They cntradict themselves with their talk about tough defenses when they turn around and hail the Vikings defense in the Monday night game. The way Kerry rebounded from the rough start in this week's game showed alot, and that is exactly what Vince needs to be learning from on the sideline. The ability to shake off when things don't always go your way and still stick it out to lead your team to victory - That is what Vince didn't get in week One.
Back to top Go down
jgozzard80

ESPN...First Take Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESPN...First Take   ESPN...First Take EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 5:08 pm

Collins did a good job. He is not a big stat guy, although I think he could be given the opportunity, but that first int was a fluke play. Things like that happen every once in a while. Up to that point, I was really impressed with the opening drive. I was thinking "what Ravens defense". But your right about Collins hanging in there. I'm not sure that Young will ever rebound. I think if I had the problems that Young had and faced all the scrutiny that he rightfully faced, then the latest chain of events would make it even harder to be successful. If he comes back, he will be under even more pressure. I firmly believe that we draft or aquire a young QB.

I'm gald people are posting more and more, it makes me feel at home, being stationed down in FL. Hopefully I'll see some fans at JAX November 16th!
Back to top Go down
OldTitanFan

ESPN...First Take Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESPN...First Take   ESPN...First Take EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 9:40 pm

This is why with the exception of a few personalities, I call ESPN, "The Worldwide Leader In Arrogance"! That's what happens when they as a company thinks that everyone is supposed to kiss their asses!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ESPN...First Take Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESPN...First Take   ESPN...First Take Empty

Back to top Go down

ESPN...First Take
Page 1 of 1