Titans Radio Fanzone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TitansRadio.Com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any

Go down 
+3
brianmaxwell
Titansfan10
Cole
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cole

Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any Empty
PostSubject: Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any   Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 8:47 pm

I have held my frustration back long enough. This playoff game showed how bad he really is. He throws off his back foot half the time. Hes not accurate. He wont run when he should. And most of all, he is DUMB! He has the IQ of an 8 year old. He doesnt understand defenses at all and you cant teach that. I love Coach Fisher but he was an idiot for not putting Collins in, a QB that can throw the ball, and not an idiot like all the other running QB's that the media loves. Vince Young is not, never was, and never will be even an average QB.
Back to top Go down
Titansfan10

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any   Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 10:16 pm

Give the guy some time man. I know it's easy to be down on him now, but he's a winner. I believe he will bounce back and be a solid QB for years to come.
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: hrmmm   Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any EmptySat Jan 12, 2008 2:22 pm

to be a guy that claims to travel to every Titan's game, you sure sound silly. I guess the Colts should have said well, Peyton Manning can't win the big game. I guess the Giants should cut Eli. You would have preferred Cutler or Leinart? Both will be outstanding QBs in this league, but they were both watching us play in January from the comfort of their couches. I guess they should be cut as well.Can you name me how many quarterbacks have ever led their team to the playoffs in their second year? The days of letting a guy sit and actually learn about the NFL game are long gone. Vince Young's development is actually well beyond where all the experts said it should be when we drafted him. Considering the quad injury and the lack of a receiver that can get open or catch the ball, i would say Vince did just fine this year.
Back to top Go down
Cole

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any   Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 5:50 pm

Jay Cutler:
QB rating 88.2. 29 Td 19int.
62.6 completion percentage

Vince Young
QB Rating of 69. 21 Td 30 Int.
57.1 completion percentage

And you think Young is good. Give me a break.
Back to top Go down
Cole

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any   Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 5:53 pm

And Eli and Peyton were both a lot better than Young in their second year

Second Year QB Ratings:
Peyton:

Eli:

Your the one that sounds Silly
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: silly boy   Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 6:15 pm

Eli Manning - Plaxico Burress, Jeremy Shockey

Peyton Manning - Marvin Harrison

Vince Young - NOONE
Back to top Go down
Cole

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any   Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 1:51 am

So the receivers are the ones to blame. Seems like Collins does just fine with them. Our recievers are ranked 4th best in the league in drops. Young just cant get them the ball accurately. Do you actually watch the games? He misses open receivers all the time. He scored an 8 on the wonderlic test. The lowest score ever. I guess you think it's good to have the dumbest qb in nfl history. And how much longer are you gonna give him to throw the ball well? What if he comes out next year and still has a 2 to 1 td int ratio? Maybe if we give him 10 years, he will be able to figure out defenses. Kevin Mawae, a veteran, diddn't talk to highly of him after the San Diego game. And then Vince comes out and says he thought he had a good game. He's dumb on the field and dumb off the field. Ive actually talked tom him in person after the games. He's like talking to a 7 year old.
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: you are so simple   Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 4:45 pm

you base your entire argument on things that people who really know football care nothing about. a wonderlick score and the QB Rating. they are both garbage. you complete 25 of 30 passes and get a perfect rating. you complete 27 of 30. same rating! 29 of 30? you guessed it....same rating. means nothing. wonderlick questions have nothing to do with football and mean even less. Football players are measured by how they perform on the field! PERIOD!

2 questions.

How did ROMO look with no TO?
Are you serious about Collins looking GOOD?

Cole my friend, I worry about you. You keep it safe out there.
Back to top Go down
Cole

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any   Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 6:40 pm

Yes i think Collins did look good. Remember our best offensive performance all year agianst Houston? Guess who was quarterback....Collins. Vince is so stupid he still has to wear his little playbook around his arm because he can't remember the plays. You wont see Collins wearing one when he takes the fields. If you think Young had a good year and you dont think a qb shoud be smart, i worry about you
Back to top Go down
titanescape

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or   Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 11:31 am

Well Cole,
How many touchdowns did Collins throw in that Houston game? I was there and the record setting kicker won that game for us. We should have blown them out and look what happened. Oh remember last year with Collins..0-5 before VY took over. Don't give me that "he hadn't learned the playbook crap"..he looked terrible. He's doing his job..a backup! If you have given up on VY after a season and a half then so be it. I know that those other "golden QB's" that you must have wanted haven't even sniffed the playoffs their first two years. I don't know how much football you watch, but a lot of QB's use a cheat sheet on their wrist, don't act like VY is the only one. The NFL is complex..it takes more than a year and a half to learn. VY will be fine, as will the titans..get some facts straight before you make judgement on a player..sure VY had made some dumb plays but you have said some dumb stuff and I still like you! clown

GO TITANS!!!!

Oh and just for the record..I'm not a VY homer..I'm a Titan fan for life afro
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

PostSubject: well said   Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 1:49 pm

I guess we live in a what you have seen over the last month society. Adrian Peterson is already a Hall Of Fame running back if you listen to some people. HE PLAYED ONE YEAR! ONE!

Don't be so quick to judge. If Vince has another terrible year with Heimerdinger, then you have a discussion. If he has 3 terrible years in a row, then you have a problem. Simple as that. Right now, we are all wasting our time talking about a non issue.
Back to top Go down
titanescape

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any   Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 2:27 pm

Amen brother! cheers
Back to top Go down
Cole

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any   Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 3:32 pm

Trust me, i hope i'm wrong. I guess i've just let Hoge get to me. Very Happy I just get upset when the media acts like Vince Young took us to the playoffs, when really it was on the defense.
Back to top Go down
titanescape

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or   Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 1:35 pm

I hear ya man! I'm just saying give the kid a chance..hell he didn't even finish his senior year in college. If dinger can't get the best out of him then I'll be happy to change my opinion!! afro
Back to top Go down
OldTitanFan

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any   Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 7:03 pm

I totally agree. VY made some good plays AND some boneheaded ones. In my opinion Norm Chow didn't help him develop as much as some people claim. I think it was a good idea to rehire Heimerdinger as the OC. Now if VY can't execute better under him, then I'll start asking questions! scratch

Last edited by OldTitanFan on Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
coleadbe

PostSubject: Are you kidding me?   Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 8:52 pm

The people who think Young is terrible are complete idiots. There are things in my garbage that make more sense than all of you. Vince has absolutley positively no help. Zero. The recievers aren't even close to what other QBs have. They may not drop the ball often, but when they do catch it,they do nothing. I guarantee you that once Vince gets the quick and explosive reciever he needs, his stats will go through the roof. Also, Norm Chow did nothing for him. Wait for Hiemerdinger to show Vince how to play at a better level. All those who disagree need to check their football knowledge because you are the dumbest people I have ever heard. Go back and see how many quarterbacks led their teams to the playoffs in his second year with barely any help. Idiots
Back to top Go down
woman fan

PostSubject: Vince   Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 11:41 pm

You need to go somewhere else to watch a game. We have what we have, they locked Steve out and never had him any receivers, just like Vince doesn't. Difference, they let Steve totally kill himself trying to do it all and they are trying to protect Vince, can you get it???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any   Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any Empty

Back to top Go down

Vince Young is terrible. i don't care what the media or any
Page 1 of 1