Titans Radio Fanzone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TitansRadio.Com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trade Pacman?

Go down 
+2
Jonathan Hutton
titans66pens
6 posters
AuthorMessage
titans66pens

Trade Pacman? Empty
PostSubject: Trade Pacman?   Trade Pacman? EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 12:25 am

Although I do not want the Titans to trade Pacman Jones, it sounds like they are going to. I just wish the Titans would not settle for a day 2 2008 Draft Pick.

I would prefer the Titans trade him for a 2009 Draft Pick that has conditions attached to it based on his performance. The better he plays and stays out of trouble, the better the pick the Titans would get. For example, the pick could be improved from a 5th round pick to a 1st round pick if Pacman plays the entire season, leads the league in INTs, returns X number of kicks for TDs, and makes the Pro Bowl.

It just seems like that type of trade could be a win-win for all sides, but that is just wishful thinking.
Back to top Go down
Jonathan Hutton

Trade Pacman? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Pacman?   Trade Pacman? EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 12:22 am

If the trade doesn't get done by the Draft, the Titans will probably wait until Pacman is re-instated to but him back on the trade market. I spoke with a national beat writer who covers the NFL and he told me the Cowboys pushed hard to get the trade completed at the owners meetings last week, but the Titans are holding firm to what the believe is the deal that they need from Dallas. Obviously, the deal didn't get done. I'm sure they'll still talk all the way up until the draft, because the Titans want to be able to use the draft picks they get on this year's draft. There's a definite timetable on this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.titansradio.com
jgozzard80

Trade Pacman? Empty
PostSubject: PAC   Trade Pacman? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 3:47 pm

I know you guys are in a mature discussion about Pacman but I have to throw my 2 cents in. This guy should be in prison, will probably end up in prison, and should never play football again. If your a Dallas fan, do you cheer for him? If you can go to a game and cheer this guy on, then you need to do some soul searching and set your priorities straight. The best thing the Titans can do is get rid of him fast. I understand that he has great football talent, and that being a business, they will try to get the most out of it, however, I will be happy to just see him go. Remember, Montana was drafted in the 7th round. The Titans need to do a better job of drafting recievers. There are a lot of other teams drafting solid players in the late rounds, just not the Titans. It seems like we've drafted 20 recievers over the last 5 years, and somehow, none of them have panned out??
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

Trade Pacman? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Pacman?   Trade Pacman? EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 10:45 am

I expect Pacman to be traded to Dallas for a 4th round this year and maybe a 4th or 5th next year within the next 7 days. No inside info here, it is just my gut feeling.

Last edited by brianmaxwell on Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OldTitanFan

Trade Pacman? Empty
PostSubject: Dallas' original offer for Jones is INSULTING!   Trade Pacman? EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 3:01 pm

I just read that the Cowboys are upping their offer for Pacman Jones, AS WELL AS THEY NEEDED TO! Their original offer of a 7th round draft pick is DISRESPECTFUL! Jones may be known as a troublemaker, but a TALENTED troublemaker! You don't get to flex your NFL muscles around Nashville just because you're a bigger market team, because we don't give a damn about that! Do right by the Titans if you want Jones!!
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

Trade Pacman? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Pacman?   Trade Pacman? EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 5:23 pm

we are holding for a fourth round this year and Dallas is likely to oblige or they wouldn't have started the talks again. they know where we stand and the Titans have put it in stone. It will happen soon.
Back to top Go down
BIGMIKE

Trade Pacman? Empty
PostSubject: I HOPE DALLAS LETS JONES TRADE FALL THROUGH   Trade Pacman? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 8:40 am

DALLAS DOES'NT NEED PAC MAN HE IS NOTHING BUT TROUBLE.YOU GUYS SHOULD PAY THE COWBOYS TO TAKE THIS THUG .....IF YOU GET A DRAFT PICK FOR HIM YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY......ITS A BLACK MARK ON THE COWBOYS TO TAKE THIS GUY AFTER WHAT HE SAID AFTER HAYNESWORTH CAUSED A PLAYER OF THE COWBOYS TO NEED STITCHES......LET ME SEE PAC-MAN SAID THIS TEAM NEEDS MORE THUGS ON IT .......SO I SAY I HOPE YOU KEEP MR JONES THANK YOU
Back to top Go down
brianmaxwell

Trade Pacman? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Pacman?   Trade Pacman? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 4:47 pm

if you are coming from the view of a Cowboys fan, I don't understand the logic. The Cowboys dynasty of the 90s was riddled with cocaine arrests, domestic violence, kidnappings, etc... You wouldn't give up all those Super Bowls and a Hall of Fame wide out back would you?

I am not going to call Pacman a thug because at one point in my young life I would throw hands at the drop of a hat. I will call him a terrible decision maker because that is his problem. The things that he gets in trouble for do not compare to the terrible decisions he makes to get himself into those situations. If you are in hot water for anything with the NFL, it is probably not a good idea to do the exact same thing the night before your meeting with the commissioner.

He will be gone from Tennessee one way or the other. The Titans know someone will break and pay the 4th rounder. Al Davis seems crazier than ever and he never ceases to amaze people. Pacman to the Raiders.
Back to top Go down
OldTitanFan

Trade Pacman? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Pacman?   Trade Pacman? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 5:55 pm

brianmaxwell wrote:
if you are coming from the view of a Cowboys fan, I don't understand the logic. The Cowboys dynasty of the 90s was riddled with cocaine arrests, domestic violence, kidnappings, etc... You wouldn't give up all those Super Bowls and a Hall of Fame wide out back would you?

I'm dead with you, BMax! This cat must have selective amnesia about the 90's 'Boys!! Pot,meet the kettle! Al Davis will take anybody, the senile old fool! I STILL can't believe that old knucklehead paid 7yrs., $70 mil to all-hype, no response DeAngelo Hall!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trade Pacman? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Pacman?   Trade Pacman? Empty

Back to top Go down

Trade Pacman?
Page 1 of 1